Clear All

London Olympics 2012 - First!

Oscar Pistorius.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4424760/

'Nuff said.

Lochte vs Phelps.

Mary Spencer (Canadian boxer).

Usain Bolt.

My favourite is the gymnastics though. Cannot wait for the opening ceremonies - hope it goes off without a hitch for Londontown!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Bumpity bump bump.

2pm Preview in Canada and Opening Ceremonies at 4pm! CTV!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Pistorius - good for him.

Two of the javelin throwers are from my small town of Newberg!
      Rachel Yurkovich and Cyrus Hostetler.
      Thanks to an excellent high school coach, Joe Boutin.
      - Richard

Comment

I am excited about the cermonies tonight too. Wish I had a big screen to watch the games. The sport I always want to see is Olympic weightlifting but they never show it .. well except at 2am or some such hour.

Comment

I hope Pistorius wins and gives a HUGE shot out to televise the Paralympics equally. Americans will watch all sorts of dumb shit like shooting beavers with flame guns that can get sponsors but not the Paralympics?
          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Sue, the only media attention the Paralympics will get is if group of volunteers get in a terrible accident as what happened in 2004 in Athens. The online coverage will be better than Bejing.

Comment

They will have (or did in the winter) have equal showing in Canada.

Going to watch for those two athletes from your hometown rfbdorf!

Comment

Opening ceremony was a trip. I boohoo-ed b/c I'm an anglophile and I love London. A lot went over my head LOL. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I thought the beginning was awfully slow - should have been more exciting. Loved the social media thing as no one has done that before.

I perked up with McCartney, Beckham and the lighting of the Olympic cauldron with the petals which was simply breathtaking. The fireworks in and around the stadium was awesome too.

I just want these to remain terrorist-free. I love how the Olympic flag was carried by various people who champion social justice as well.

Comment

loved the show
                    great showpeace of English history
                    the bit where the queen jumped out of a helicopter, great fun to watch.
                    great show well done great Britan.

Comment

Ms. 55 and I agree on this one. An eloquently staged but otherwise boring production. Very Brit I guess. lol
                      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

It bothered me that the NBC commentators (who really should have shut up, they were dumber than me) didn't get the importance of the Flanders poppy. I strongly believe I was taught that in 3rd grade. I think we used to buy plastic versions for Veteran's Day, perhaps.

I found that poppy moment so touching.

I'm also a sappy pile of mush and a sucker for all things British. And I doubt I've ever heard Danny Boy without crying like a lil bitch LOL.

<---Easily manipulated

Also, Daniel Craig, David Beckham. I'd watch that show all night!

I LOL'd that there was no mention of the British Empire. Really, no Injuh? Even I can see the insane amount of pc employed. Straight from agrarian society to Industrial Revolution! WWi and BAM! Dance revolution! Loved every minute.
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I didn't catch it last night, just watched it now. Being British, I was nervous; we have a long history of screwing up things like this (the first Brit Awards anyone?). So it was a mixture of trepidation and fear that then turned into relief and ultimately pride.

I know much of it was over the heads of some, but I thought it was great. With so much potential for a flop I think Boyle did really well.

I don't like too much PC either, but I happen to be proud of the Empire, good and bad, on balance, and from the perspective of time. The parade of nations was practically a celebration of those Commonwealth countries.

I think these will be a good games, I certainly hope they will be. I think that opening ceremony will really get the local people out to support all the althletes too. Yeah, I now wish I was back home....

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                            Oscar Pistorius.
                            I don't agree with this.

If he wins, it will be hard to accept as a fair and even win.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post
                              I didn't catch it last night, just watched it now. Being British, I was nervous; we have a long history of screwing up things like this (the first Brit Awards anyone?). So it was a mixture of trepidation and fear that then turned into relief and ultimately pride.

I know much of it was over the heads of some, but I thought it was great. With so much potential for a flop I think Boyle did really well.

I don't like too much PC either, but I happen to be proud of the Empire, good and bad, on balance, and from the perspective of time. The parade of nations was practically a celebration of those Commonwealth countries.

I think these will be a good games, I certainly hope they will be. I think that opening ceremony will really get the local people out to support all the althletes too. Yeah, I now wish I was back home....
                              Can't disagree with any of that Mark, although I did sit there wondering if any non Brit would have a clue as to what the NHS tableau was all about.

Comment

Working...
                              X