Time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TY all..
    Last edited by Stormycoon; 1 Jul 2012, 10:35 PM.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Comment

Disasterversaries slay me too.

I am my Dad's anchor. I don't weigh him down. Just knowing I am still here gives him a beacon, family, love. I wish your family could be that for you. But sometimes you have to create a new family. It's scarey but so was your first date ever, right? Hit up the nearest Independent Living Center to your home and call them. And think about where you want to live and..maybe work parttime. Figure out who will really stop by and visit or want to go to a movie when you call in your current location. If you have had a dream place it is time to maybe think about moving there. You did it once before as an AB, right? And again disabled? Mere practice. Time to launch.
      Forget the past and enjoy the fireworks this year, carefully.
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I've been thinking for a few days about whether to say this or not...

First, unless you are in a considerable amount of pain and all other options have been exhausted, I don't believe that suicide is a solution. I think suicide is for those who are in an unbearable physical situation.

Second, get out of that house. Get out of that house. Get out of that house. Get out of that house. Get out of that house. Get out of that house. You've got to find a supportive environment. There's got to be somewhere you can go to get advice about living in a different place. Go to your city/county/state social services office. Get a social worker to help. I'm sure there are programs to help you get out of that house.

Finally, (and I do not think you should do this) if you do choose to end your life have some respect for the living - don't leave a mess. Don't blow your brains out all over your kitchen. Don't jump into a river to never be found. Don't have a loved one discover your rotting corpse. I'm sure there are ways to end it that are clean, quick, and effective. Give your family and friends closure and an opportunity to mourn. And make sure you're discovered in time so that your organs are donatable. Even if you can't go on you can ensure that others can.

Again, I hope that you don't. I'm t4 going on 19 years now and I constantly find more reasons I'm glad I survived.

Comment

I think time frames are a great thing to do for yourself but I also believe in extending that time frame. Everyone is different but I got out of my depression with a 3 year time frame. The whole point of the time frame is to give it your ALL. Don't sit around in that time frame and expect it to get better. Do things you wouldn't do if you knew you were going to die in X amount of years. That's how you grow and get out of your funk.

Also you need support, tell family and friends. You need support to get out of real depression but in the end its you making the choice. All I can say is I'm so happy I didn't end it after the time frame was over. Life is out there.

One last tip, when you start this time frame pretend you are starting a new life. Pretend you were born with your disability, the pain, the penis not working, the fingering of your own ass to shit, the UTIs, the lack of sleep, the judging, all of this is normal and go on with your life as if it was second nature to you.

Goodluck
          Injured:10-16-04
          C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
          Blog:
          http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
          Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
          Progress:
          http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
          My drawings:
          http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

I was also pondering this in the same area of a so called back up plan.. not sure how much or diversity of news every1 reads but figuring the economy is going to shyt, the electricity, water, so forth goes, course everyones dependant on all these but us disabled would b screwed. no meds, heat, cooling, bed pumps, charge our chairs, food... slowly wryth in pain and suffer.. just a thought.. i mean everything would b launched into chaos nationwide, it'd b reasonable to go out instead of slowly awaiiting it...no1 really talks bout the extremes facing us in reality in the political forums.. this is doom and gloom talk but definately in the happs..

Thnxs Cory, good outlook mate
            I am the highway
            I am the sky
            I am the lightning

Comment

You must be quite young. The economy runs in cycles, I've been here before.
              the late 70's were a bitch...and we survived.

I find comfort in knowing that when it comes down to survival of the fittest, I'm out. I'm so far from the fittest LOL. Until then I keep hanging on. So far anyway. I suspect suicide isn't in my nature. If it were I'd not have survived last winter.

Get out of that house!
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

If this situation is as bag as it 'feels' from your post-alcoholic father with psych issues as caregiver when your mother leaves, you're made to feel both like a burden and an 'anchor', I wonder if a call to the local Adult Protective services might be a good idea. You need some outside emotional support AND logistical help to live independently. That home situation sounds so dark and depressed I'm certain it looks to you like it's hopeless.

Was/is there a social worker wherever you were treated? Call your local center of independent living. Call the local vocational rehab place and ask for an appointment. Is there a doctor or nurse that you get along with??--call them and explain the situation. Make these people aware of your situation so you get some outside support.

I wonder (maybe this is an awful idea?? ya'all help me out here) but is it possible that you might be better off getting out of the home situation by going into a nursing home and then transitioning to independent living???

I think you need to get some support from 'adults' other than your parents because they sound like their living/coping/emotional skills are pretty thin.

Am hoping other member chime in with who to call/how to get help type advice.

There's help out there but you'll have to talk to people and be very candid that your home/life situation is so emotionally abusive/potentially neglectful that it's causing you to very seriously consider suicide.

Comment

thnxs all
                  Last edited by Stormycoon; 7 Jul 2012, 7:33 PM.
                  I am the highway
                  I am the sky
                  I am the lightning

Comment

Working...
                  X