Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leif View Post
    Probably not even on the top ten best list.
    Top three if you're rich Leif - God help you tho' if you're uninsured.

Comment

Life ain't easy. Everyone should read the book "When bad things happen to good people" the man who wrote the book was from the town next door to where I grew up. Somebody gave me the book shortly after my injury.
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Jesus just doesn't love some people.

Comment

@ this point in life I just keep trucking along because there is no use in me tearing myself to shreds pondering that question .

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
            Probably not even on the top ten best list.

I'd agree with you Leif but then that would make us both wrong.

just trust me on this one....

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post
              I'd agree with you Leif but then that would make us both wrong.

just trust me on this one....
              Try make yourself a list and argue it with honest pros and cons - you then might end up disagreeing with yourself

Comment

This is why it happened to me..I made a right hand turn and my phone slid off the passenger seat and on to the floor so I unbuckle my seat belt and reach down to get the phone I looked up and a van had stopped in front of me boom I kissed the windshield. Now I lay over the center console looking at my right arm that I thought was cut off because it layed there lifeless. They cut the car open because I could not unlock the doors. All this mess and I was only going 15-20 mph. No damage to the van whatsoever.

Very bad choice - that is why this happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MADPRODUCER View Post
                  Did this have to happen to us??
                  It didn't have to happen. It just did.

You were doing abc while the world was at xyz, and the twain just met.

Beyond that, trying to find rhyme or reason, or mystical meaning and significance, will just drive you crazy. If it comes, let it come, and maybe you'll find what you need.

So there ya have it, chick's theory of the universe.

There's also the philosophy of when you fuck up, accept it, move on.
                  Last edited by chick; 24 Jun 2012, 5:01 PM.

Comment

Why? Because I'm Gods comic strip....

Comment

My facebook status taken from @MandySlamberg and retweeted by @IamEnidColeslaw:

i take pills because i am crazy, i am crazy because i lost the genetic lottery, i lost the lottery because i am a reincarnated hell-baby

I love that! I'm a reincarnated hell-baby! That's why! Though on a more serious tone, that denotes 'punishment worthy of x' when really all this shit is just random.
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                        I love that! I'm a reincarnated hell-baby! That's why! Though on a more serious tone, that denotes 'punishment worthy of x' when really all this shit is just random.
                        I once said to my Dad, "I must've been a right bastard in a previous life." He didn't think that was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post
                          Consider that this has been happening not just to us, but to millions of people throughout history.

Those people died a miserable death.

Also consider that of all the countires to live in an have an SCI - this is the best one.

In the ranking of people through history who got an SCI; you are right at the very very top of the pile.

AND if the doctors play their cards right, you are young enough to maybe even escape this one day. No guarantee, but hey.....stick it out there. I know its not easy, but its not impossible.

Peace
                          Doctors Dont Cure Shit "Ain't no money in the cure, the money's in the medicine...that's how a drug dealer makes his money, on the comeback."

I am not your rolling wheels
                          I am the highway
                          I am not your carpet ride
                          I am the sky
                          I am not your rolling wheels
                          I am the highway
                          I am not your carpet ride
                          I am the sky
                          I am not your blowing wind
                          I am the lightning
                          I am not your autumn moon
                          I am the night, the night..

Comment

Because I have always been a one in 10 million type of girl. Or I was just born with a tiny artery due to shrink just a teeny, tiny bit more one Monday morning. Had it been a normal Monday I'd be the 4th headstone in the family plot. It was Memorial Day so I was around other people when I had my spinal stroke.

Mad, ever ask "why not me?"
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

"Why?" is a question that can drive you insane if you ask it too much in regards to stuff like this.

Sometimes, shit just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                                I ask myself that most every day.
                                The best I can come up with is that life is a giant crapshoot.
                                yup, it is. I also feel, why not? I met many before my impact, who were more injured than I, and injured in all kinds of silly ways. I started out with some birth defects. An experimental surgery or actually 4-5 surgeries, was successful, and that allowed an almost AB life until my accident. Some things are really hard to deal with, and some things do really suck, but maybe that will change. Im working on that.

in the meantime, yeah, why not me? Im still going to try to be me as much as I can. Im pretty cool even broke and broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X