Graduated from college!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graduated from college!

June 4, 2011 I fell over a railing 23 feet and suffered a spinal cord injury and a traumatic brain injury. I got KAFO braces a couple of months ago, and yesterday I graduated from Case Western Reserve University, a bachelor of science in computer science. I have been using my KAFO braces and my walker to walk everyday, and yesterday I used them to walk across the stage to shake the dean's hand and get my diploma. My sister took a video of it, and put it on YouTube and here is the link to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-xMz...Fk&playnext=10

Congratulations and best wishes to you!
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS

All the best,
      GJ

Comment

Congratulations....may this be the first of many walks and lots of beautiful journeys.
        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Congrats to you. What an accomplishment.

Comment

Good for you!!! Congratulations!!

Comment

Congratulations! A Case Tech BS degree in 1965 served me well for a lifetime. Best to you.
              T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by mkm29 View Post
                June 4, 2011 I fell over a railing 23 feet and suffered a spinal cord injury and a traumatic brain injury. I got KAFO braces a couple of months ago, and yesterday I graduated from Case Western Reserve University, a bachelor of science in computer science. I have been using my KAFO braces and my walker to walk everyday, and yesterday I used them to walk across the stage to shake the dean's hand and get my diploma. My sister took a video of it, and put it on YouTube and here is the link to it.

Congratulations ! Proud of you for not letting your SCI stop you from graduating from College inspite of your accident. Way to GO! Do you have a job lined up yet? If not hope you find one real soon.
                Good for you for getting KAFO's and using them and not just sitting them in the corner or putting them in the closet out of sight out of mind.
                Wish you happy, healthy, wealthy & prosperous life.
                RAFS

Comment

Originally posted by mkm29 View Post

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
                  ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

Comment

Well done! Many good wishes for a great future!
                    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Mazel tov !!

Obieone
                      ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                      Jane Siberry

Comment

Wooo Hooo! Congratulations to you!

Comment

Congrats & Good Luck!
                          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                          ––Paul Nussbaum
                          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

you're a boss, M.

CWRU2010

Comment

Determination to go forward is the reason why you have recovered so much. And Congratulations to you....

Comment

Working...
                              X