Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Bull Dog bites, chases, anybody?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I learned in the Army how to protect myself from dogs. Unfortunately sometimes there have been stiches involved before incapacitation.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

    Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

    Teddy Roosevelt

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
      Oh my god, that is such a beautiful dog! What a lucky one too! best pic!
      thanks... shes such a luv bug. always by my side but always wants to explore other people and strangers just to see if they'll pet her. after a quick rub she comes right back to me

      Comment


        #33
        All good ideas.Thanks!

        I'm glad to learn what the animals go for, flesh not tires. and that they bite high. That is good so I can prepare.

        I keep wasp spray handy at home along with firearms for humans. Those are for indoor use only.

        I just ordered a couple of different ergonomic style stun guns. I may need to zap the dog owner also if he gets pissed enough to assault me for knocking out his precious dog child. ha

        Since my hands are numb this one type of stun gun I ordered will stay in my hand, even if I end up on the ground.



        When I was AB and used to jog, a nearby yard had a pit bull that tore at his fence to get at me every time I went by. I even used the other side of the street.

        He began to get out and corner me. I slowly walked backwards to get out of his territory. He began to expand his territory to my front yard. I was sure he was going to bite me. I had enough and decided to kill him the next time he came at me.

        So, the next time I brought the ole long ice pick on a stick for a chest stab. (unfortunately, had to do that years before on another animal, while under attack).

        I forgot exactly how it happened, but he was quiet and approached me. I let him sniff me. He remained cautious and calm. I turned my back to him and resumed walking. I looked back and he was following me. I talked nice to him and he wagged his tail. He was ugly as hell, but I swear he could smile.

        As time went by he became my pal. He would meet me every day to jog with me. He became very protective. He would scout ahead and come back to check on me. Then run ahead again and come back again. He would walk me right to my door everyday.


        I marveled at his fabulous architecture. He was rippling with muscles. His square head held huge jaw muscles. I deducted that his entire body was a life support system for a set of jaws. But he could smile ! And he liked me.

        This went on for a couple of months. Then he disappeared. I missed him and feared that somebody took him away for acting vicious while loose.

        Poor creature. A victim of his genes. Not ready for human society. A good and bad dog. Nobody trained him to over ride his instincts. The owners were gang types. I never spoke to them. Their garage emitted the 'skunky' smell of a meth lab.
        C3,4,5....no deltoids.

        Comment


          #34
          It is a shame because some pitbulls areadorable (have a different genetic mix than the ones bred for fights). But imagine being confrontred by this:

          Comment


            #35
            What a sad story. Most likely that dog was actually friendly, just scared.
            The pitbulls that attack would not hesitate. Yes it is amazing how strong and muscular they are. Beautiful creatures.


            I'm glad to learn what the animals go for, flesh not tires. and that they bite high. That is good so I can prepare.

            I keep wasp spray handy at home along with firearms for humans. Those are for indoor use only.

            I just ordered a couple of different ergonomic style stun guns. I may need to zap the dog owner also if he gets pissed enough to assault me for knocking out his precious dog child. ha

            Since my hands are numb this one type of stun gun I ordered will stay in my hand, even if I end up on the ground.



            When I was AB and used to jog, a nearby yard had a pit bull that tore at his fence to get at me every time I went by. I even used the other side of the street.

            He began to get out and corner me. I slowly walked backwards to get out of his territory. He began to expand his territory to my front yard. I was sure he was going to bite me. I had enough and decided to kill him the next time he came at me.

            So, the next time I brought the ole long ice pick on a stick for a chest stab. (unfortunately, had to do that years before on another animal, while under attack).

            I forgot exactly how it happened, but he was quiet and approached me. I let him sniff me. He remained cautious and calm. I turned my back to him and resumed walking. I looked back and he was following me. I talked nice to him and he wagged his tail. He was ugly as hell, but I swear he could smile.

            As time went by he became my pal. He would meet me every day to jog with me. He became very protective. He would scout ahead and come back to check on me. Then run ahead again and come back again. He would walk me right to my door everyday.


            I marveled at his fabulous architecture. He was rippling with muscles. His square head held huge jaw muscles. I deducted that his entire body was a life support system for a set of jaws. But he could smile ! And he liked me.

            This went on for a couple of months. Then he disappeared. I missed him and feared that somebody took him away for acting vicious while loose.

            Poor creature. A victim of his genes. Not ready for human society. A good and bad dog. Nobody trained him to over ride his instincts. The owners were gang types. I never spoke to them. Their garage emitted the 'skunky' smell of a meth lab.[/QUOTE]

            Comment


              #36
              yikes! even the most pissed of chihuahua won't actually jump up into our chair and go for our necks...and cause our demise. biting stats and death stats are two different things altogether. It is like saying Obama is responsible for the recession. just sound bites to distort actual reality.

              Originally posted by Cripply View Post
              It is a shame because some pitbulls areadorable (have a different genetic mix than the ones bred for fights). But imagine being confrontred by this:
              "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

              Comment


                #37
                Maybe he's looking at a Vick pic.
                Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
                yikes! even the most pissed of chihuahua won't actually jump up into our chair and go for our necks...and cause our demise. biting stats and death stats are two different things altogether. It is like saying Obama is responsible for the recession. just sound bites to distort actual reality.
                Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

                Thanks!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by rdf View Post
                  Maybe he's looking at a Vick pic.
                  Yep....

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Cripply View Post

                    I just ordered a couple of different ergonomic style stun guns. I may need to zap the dog owner also if he gets pissed enough to assault me for knocking out his precious dog child. ha

                    Since my hands are numb this one type of stun gun I ordered will stay in my hand, even if I end up on the ground.
                    .
                    [/QUOTE]


                    Please post the link and photos of the stun guns. Thanks.
                    Tex
                    C4,5,6 incomplete with 100% full feeling
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I did not buy the guns, the other poster did...

                      Please post the link and photos of the stun guns. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Stun guns i am trying with numb hand

                        Please post the link and photos of the stun guns. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

                        Hi,

                        I chose two models that would probably fit my numb good WC driving hand. Ones that I could wear and actualy use the trigger. I ordered 2 incase one of them may not be useful in my hand.

                        Amazon for this model

                        http://www.amazon.com/RECHARGEALBE-M...ef=pd_sbs_sg_1


                        then---------->>>>>>>>>>>>

                        I ordered this from eBay to try because it has a pistol grip, easy finger trigger, and a wrist strap to let it dangle while I drive my WC.




                        http://www.ebay.com/itm/130448764190...84.m1497.l2649


                        One of these 2 should work for a numb hand. They were the best designs I could find for myself.


                        j
                        C3,4,5....no deltoids.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Dogs, viscous ones

                          So much for the friendly pit bulls, I have to disagree with those who want to believe that pit bulls can be trusted. You will never convince me.

                          Six months ago I wheeled down my ramp with my Standard Poodle, 65 lbs. running down before me ready to jump into my van.

                          But the young pit bull next door has broken or chewed his rope and was running through my yard with another dag, a large Spanial type. The pit immediately stopped and went after my dog who was down at the lower end of my driveway, way to steep for me to wheel down! The pit was chewing and biting my dog all over his body, he actually drug the pit up the driveway about 10 feet maybe for me to help him, but, hey, I can't walk! Fuck!

                          I was yelling screaming at the top of my lungs but not one neighbor came out. When both dogs were in my carport where I could do something I began beating on the pits head. I had on Hatch leather wheelchair gloves with thick netting at the knuckles. The pit was not giving up and had a grip on my dogs back, he was whining loud and I was screaming like a madman. The pit was not letting go. It was then that I knew that I had to seriously damage this pit so I proceeded to beat him on the face dragging my fists down over his eyes with eace hit hoping to get him to release his grip.

                          I must have hit him 30 or 50 times using all the strength that I could muster up forgetting my own safety in case the pit went after me! Blood was coming from somewhere on the pits face and he finally released his grip, my dog took off up the ramp. The pit was stunned and I was worried that I was next. I had a car steering wheel lock device laying against the back stairs, I grabbed it just as the pit started to run up the ramp. I threw the steel arm at the dog hit him on the rear end, then he took off in the other direction with the other dog who just watched the whole show.

                          I called the cops who came did a report and my wife talked with the neighbors who really did not care, but told her that their dogs face was all swollen up and his eyes were swollen shut!

                          Two months later the same dog got off his chain and tried to get to a woman with a kid in a stroller on the street in front of the dogs house, another neighbor came out and got the dog to back off. The husband of the woman came back later and told the owners that if the Animal shelter does not pick up this dog and put him down he will be back and kill him himself. He made a police report and testified with his wife about what happened. The doge is now gone.

                          Now this pit was not 'trained' to be violent. I could see him in the neighbors yard from one window in my house. He was just a family dog, they tossed a ball for him. He was tied up 24/7 by a dog house in the front yard. Never witness any abuse towards him
                          Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

                          Comment


                            #43
                            horrible riviting story..too many of those stories. unacceptable.

                            How is your dog?

                            Originally posted by Garyis View Post
                            So much for the friendly pit bulls, I have to disagree with those who want to believe that pit bulls can be trusted. You will never convince me.

                            Six months ago I wheeled down my ramp with my Standard Poodle, 65 lbs. running down before me ready to jump into my van.

                            But the young pit bull next door has broken or chewed his rope and was running through my yard with another dag, a large Spanial type. The pit immediately stopped and went after my dog who was down at the lower end of my driveway, way to steep for me to wheel down! The pit was chewing and biting my dog all over his body, he actually drug the pit up the driveway about 10 feet maybe for me to help him, but, hey, I can't walk! Fuck!

                            I was yelling screaming at the top of my lungs but not one neighbor came out. When both dogs were in my carport where I could do something I began beating on the pits head. I had on Hatch leather wheelchair gloves with thick netting at the knuckles. The pit was not giving up and had a grip on my dogs back, he was whining loud and I was screaming like a madman. The pit was not letting go. It was then that I knew that I had to seriously damage this pit so I proceeded to beat him on the face dragging my fists down over his eyes with eace hit hoping to get him to release his grip.

                            I must have hit him 30 or 50 times using all the strength that I could muster up forgetting my own safety in case the pit went after me! Blood was coming from somewhere on the pits face and he finally released his grip, my dog took off up the ramp. The pit was stunned and I was worried that I was next. I had a car steering wheel lock device laying against the back stairs, I grabbed it just as the pit started to run up the ramp. I threw the steel arm at the dog hit him on the rear end, then he took off in the other direction with the other dog who just watched the whole show.

                            I called the cops who came did a report and my wife talked with the neighbors who really did not care, but told her that their dogs face was all swollen up and his eyes were swollen shut!

                            Two months later the same dog got off his chain and tried to get to a woman with a kid in a stroller on the street in front of the dogs house, another neighbor came out and got the dog to back off. The husband of the woman came back later and told the owners that if the Animal shelter does not pick up this dog and put him down he will be back and kill him himself. He made a police report and testified with his wife about what happened. The doge is now gone.

                            Now this pit was not 'trained' to be violent. I could see him in the neighbors yard from one window in my house. He was just a family dog, they tossed a ball for him. He was tied up 24/7 by a dog house in the front yard. Never witness any abuse towards him
                            "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Garyis View Post
                              ....I called the cops who came did a report and my wife talked with the neighbors who really did not care, ...

                              Now this pit was not 'trained' to be violent. I could see him in the neighbors yard from one window in my house. He was just a family dog, they tossed a ball for him. He was tied up 24/7 by a dog house in the front yard. Never witness any abuse towards him
                              There's the big clue - the neighbors did not care.

                              A dog doesn't have to be "trained" to be violent nor be abused to act viciously.

                              An owner who doesn't give a shit is enough.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                tying up a dog or isolating it 24/7 is a form of abuse. Dogs are social animals. No dog wants to be tied up alone in a yard.

                                Isolation makes anybody crazy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X