List of Positives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of Positives

I know being on wheels can suck mightily, not to mention the other incidentals that come along with various injury levels and illnesses. But I thought it might be nice to create a list of positive aspects of being on wheels, etc. Not a serious one, because we'd all prefer to be AB - that goes without saying. Just a humorous one, that's silly, for fun.

For example, I never have to worry about hitting my head on a chandelier.

My legs don't get tired from standing.

I don't have to stoop to look inside the fridge.

My shoes won't wear out.

Anyone else?

Good seats at the football.

Comment

I no longer forget where I park my car.

Comment

Incidentals? Seriously WTF. I hate my wheelchair, I am in constant pain, I can't have sex, I have to dig my crap out of my ass with my finger and because I am a para I am fricking lucky compared to a quad.

Comment

I'll probably never need a hip replacement as I age!

I went to a lecture about a month ago where having clout determined where you got to sit. You needed to be both a heavy duty donor of the university and also a member of a specific group of people. I was neither, and yet I got to sit right up front with them!

Comment

I got a long vacation at home, Instead of living out of town in motels and working.
            Don't get up and pee 5 times a night
            Am much closer to my brother and his kids.
            T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

Comment

I nearly always get moved to first class seating on airplanes. Only once have I not been moved up.
              Never have to pay sales tax on new vehicles.
              DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by offroaderswife View Post
                I nearly always get moved to first class seating on airplanes. Only once have I not been moved up.
                Never have to pay sales tax on new vehicles.
                I need to know your secret! I rarely get moved up..I mean occassionally,..but geez..please tell what airlines. and what other things that are contributing to this. )

I like flyings..focused on relationships and being closer..that is a nice way to look at a negative.

I do agree that when on trips..I am sitting roliing with my freewheel and enjoying the sites..view..and my family does get a lot more tired with sore feet..! sorry guys..( That is of course where it is accessible!
                "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Shoving a catheter 54,750 times up inside Geronimo - without SCI, I never would have had that pleasure.
                  Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                  Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=sherocksandsherolls;1473580]
                    I need to know your secret! I rarely get moved up..I mean occassionally,..but geez..please tell what airlines. and what other things that are contributing to this. )

I just ask if there are any spaces in first class to make it easier for the person hauling me down the isle on that little bitty airplane chair that they make you sit on. Only once was first class booked up and they couldn't accomodate. All the other times they just check and see if it's available and move me right up there. I of course smile and talk very sweet to them.
                    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

[QUOTE=offroaderswife;1473590]
                      Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post

I just ask if there are any spaces in first class to make it easier for the person hauling me down the isle on that little bitty airplane chair that they make you sit on. Only once was first class booked up and they couldn't accomodate. All the other times they just check and see if it's available and move me right up there. I of course smile and talk very sweet to them.
                      I see ) You just ask..lol Why didn't I think of that! lol! of course I don't have that "southern charm" I am sure you do
                      "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                        Shoving a catheter 54,750 times up inside Geronimo - without SCI, I never would have had that pleasure.
                        But who's counting?

You call your shmeckel "Geronimo?"
                        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

the greatest positive is that I figured out who I really am, what is really important in life, how to be grateful, who my real friends and family are, what real love is, oh and I don't do the dishes lol..
                          My Accessible Life blog
                          https://www.myaccessiblelife.blogspot.com

JOIN me on twitter
                          https://twitter.com/#!/myaccesiblelife

Facebook
                          https://www.facebook.com/MyAccessibleLife

Comment

You call your Geronimo shmeckel?
                            Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                            But who's counting?

You call your shmeckel "Geronimo?"
                            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I spit coffee everywhere
                              T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X