Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    In the continued interest of transparency: the check for $4,000.00 was cashed and I sent the image of the cancelled check to addiesue. I will do the same with additional checks sent. Because the check contains all of my personal information (including my bank account number), if you have any issues and would like to confirm the check was written and cashed, she will vouch that it was written and cashed, but I do not want the actual image shared. Thanks for understanding.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

    Comment


      #92
      We all trust you Ami, no problems. Glad you had the thought of doing this. Only $315.00 away from $5000.00 now with a total of 72 contributors.
      "Life is about how you
      respond to not only the
      challenges you're dealt but
      the challenges you seek...If
      you have no goals, no
      mountains to climb, your
      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

      Comment


        #93
        I have all the information. Don't worry Ami Thanks so much everyone for pulling together. Still thinking of you Betheny.
        If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.


        Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

        Comment


          #94
          You can't be serious, nobody could have this much happen in a lifetime. Gosh, poor Bethany. I don't know the details of what happened but I do know about her husband and the aftermath. Geez. Very sorry, Bethany.

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by zillazangel View Post
            In the continued interest of transparency: the check for $4,000.00 was cashed and I sent the image of the cancelled check to addiesue. I will do the same with additional checks sent. Because the check contains all of my personal information (including my bank account number), if you have any issues and would like to confirm the check was written and cashed, she will vouch that it was written and cashed, but I do not want the actual image shared. Thanks for understanding.
            Ami~ You have been very transparent in all of this, IMHO you have no reason to worry nor should you have to post the actual check. I only raised the issue in the beginning for your sake, to be sure you were not left open to criticism. You went above and beyond.

            Thanks for your hard work on this effort for Betheny.
            Every day I wake up is a good one

            Comment


              #96
              Yes thank you again Ami. I got a email from Lexi yesterday and she was going to contribute. She is a doll. Years ago I'd made her copies of the instruction book for a Galaxy FES bike for her as she did not have it and she sent me a fruit basket around the holidays.
              "Life is about how you
              respond to not only the
              challenges you're dealt but
              the challenges you seek...If
              you have no goals, no
              mountains to climb, your
              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

              Comment


                #97
                I just contributed too.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Amazing job. Thank you for taking this on. I echo Cheesecake's comments above.
                  My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

                  Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

                  "I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

                  Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Sorry to be late to this thread, but would it help to make general donations? Not for the funeral, but some money to at least ease the financial burden for a while?

                    Comment


                      Just sent as much as I could, but can send more next month. I suggest we leave the account open longer

                      Comment


                        yes, longer would be good, as my accounts are locked until I get my new card in the mail.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cripply View Post
                          Sorry to be late to this thread, but would it help to make general donations? Not for the funeral, but some money to at least ease the financial burden for a while?
                          Ami is just sending the money to Betheny to use as she sees fit. It was originally thought that she would need it for the funeral, but then Betheny posted that: "Jake inherited a camper from his Dad, it was still sitting. One of the Dad's of a Lost Boy got it sold in 24 hrs., which meant Jake paid for his own funeral without me taking out a loan."
                          Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                          T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

                          Comment


                            Just an update looking at the bar graph thingy, we just hit $5005.00 which is 250 percent of the original goal of $2000.00 that was listed. The average donation being $66.73, that is super generous of everyone. From what I understand Betheny is going to Kansas to be with the rest of her family the rest of the winter and will be renting so this will really help her out to pay the rent there. I'll hopefully be talking with her tomorrow. I know she was real worried about her Dad as he is now in the hospital, hopefully he is doing better.
                            "Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

                            Comment


                              Just a note for general information...some people who rely on SSI or SSDI who may wish to contribute are on the SS pay schedule.

                              That means they may not receive their benefit until the third wednesday of the month or even later. They may wish to contribute, but have to wait until they get paid. Perhaps we could keep the fund open until the 30th day of the month?

                              I do believe that we should establish a date that the fund will close.
                              Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by skippy13 View Post
                                Just a note for general information...some people who rely on SSI or SSDI who may wish to contribute are on the SS pay schedule.

                                That means they may not receive their benefit until the third wednesday of the month or even later. They may wish to contribute, but have to wait until they get paid. Perhaps we could keep the fund open until the 30th day of the month?

                                I do believe that we should establish a date that the fund will close.
                                I hate the thought of anybody really tight on funds donating too much and having to suffer themselves. I'd say if thats the case best not to donate. I think Betheny knows how much we all care for her here on carecure. I'll hopefully get a hold of her tomorrow and see how she is doing. I'm driving halfway up the East coast tomorrow in my truck from Florida. Heading back to the Northeast for the Holiday's to be with family.
                                "Life is about how you
                                respond to not only the
                                challenges you're dealt but
                                the challenges you seek...If
                                you have no goals, no
                                mountains to climb, your
                                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X