No announcement yet.

ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just chipped in. Wish I could do more. I sure hope Betheny is doing ok. She's such a good person.

Comment

Thanks so much Ami for doing this!

Comment

The first check ($4,000.00) was delivered and signed for today. I will be sending a second check at a later date (TBD) as donations are still coming in. Please feel free to continue donating as I will pass any and all further donations to her in a second (and if needed, other) checks.

Tomorrow is the funeral, let's all keep her in our thoughts and prayers. ((( xoxo Betheny)))
        Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Originally posted by zillazangel View Post
          The first check ($4,000.00) was delivered and signed for today. I will be sending a second check at a later date (TBD) as donations are still coming in. Please feel free to continue donating as I will pass any and all further donations to her in a second (and if needed, other) checks.

Tomorrow is the funeral, let's all keep her in our thoughts and prayers. ((( xoxo Betheny)))
          This is just unbelievable! I hope it takes some of the pressure off of her.

Perhaps tomorrow at 2PM we can all light a candle either at home or on the website that cass provided. Or maybe we can take a moment at that time to remember Bethany and to send our thoughts to her as she faces a most difficult day.
          Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Thanks Ami
            'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" - Anais Nin

Comment

Curt- Thanks for posting that picture. I thought I had it somewhere but couldn't find it. It was such a good time rolling around DC with them that year. I'm even more glad now that I made them let me take their picture before Betheny gave my hat back. Somewhere I have a few pictures of Jake helping his mom learn how to use the escalator in her chair from that trip too.
              jOE
              www.nwiscig.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jplw View Post
                Curt- Thanks for posting that picture. I thought I had it somewhere but couldn't find it. It was such a good time rolling around DC with them that year. I'm even more glad now that I made them let me take their picture before Betheny gave my hat back. Somewhere I have a few pictures of Jake helping his mom learn how to use the escalator in her chair from that trip too.
                I think that was the year that you, Betheny and Jake ended up on the wrong train and had to come back. Rooms were in Virginia and the Metro folks were stroking over the escalators.
                Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Just wanted to let you all know Jakes service was very emotional and yet listening to his friends share their memories brought many laughs. I forgot to ask Betheny about posting anything so I will leave the details for her to share...just know I gave her the biggest hug ever for all of you! She said she could not have done it without everyone's generous gift of love and support. Met many of the "lost boy's" and Jill, Betheny's friend from New Mexico will be with her for a week. Sadly,her Dad is in the hospital and that is wearing on her heart...She did say more than once that without her CareCure friends giving her strength and love she would not have made it this far...keep up the good vibes! Hugs back at everyone, I've missed so many of you...judy

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                    thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by madmaddmother View Post
                      Just wanted to let you all know Jakes service was very emotional and yet listening to his friends share their memories brought many laughs. I forgot to ask Betheny about posting anything so I will leave the details for her to share...just know I gave her the biggest hug ever for all of you! She said she could not have done it without everyone's generous gift of love and support. Met many of the "lost boy's" and Jill, Betheny's friend from New Mexico will be with her for a week. Sadly,her Dad is in the hospital and that is wearing on her heart...She did say more than once that without her CareCure friends giving her strength and love she would not have made it this far...keep up the good vibes! Hugs back at everyone, I've missed so many of you...judy
                      Thank you, I've been checking all day for an update from anyone who was there.
                      Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

as a mom, i am just devastated. this can happen any day to any of us.

all i keep thinking of is john lennon's song. and i light candles. i feel so helpless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3IOdDE5iA

Comment

...just know I gave her the biggest hug ever for all of you! She said she could not have done it without everyone's generous gift of love and support ... Sadly,her Dad is in the hospital and that is wearing on her heart...She did say more than once that without her CareCure friends giving her strength and love she would not have made it this far...keep up the good vibes! Hugs back at everyone, I've missed so many of you...judy
                          Please not her dad too, please.

Good to know we helped in some way ... (hugs) to everyone for coming together.
                          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Judy~ We have missed you as well. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for being there for Betheny as her CareCure family. You are the best. Miss your straight forward honesty and compassion.
                            Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                              Judy~ We have missed you as well. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for being there for Betheny as her CareCure family. You are the best. Miss your straight forward honesty and compassion.
                              Ditto everything Cheese said - can't think of a better ambassador to represent {{{{{{hug}}}}}

As for you Beth - we're still here sweetie {{hug}}

Obie
                              ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                              Jane Siberry

Comment

Well $445.00 away from $5,000.00. I'm so proud of this community for doing this!!!
                                "Life is about how you
                                respond to not only the
                                challenges you're dealt but
                                the challenges you seek...If
                                you have no goals, no
                                mountains to climb, your
                                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Working...
                                X