ChipIn for Donations For Betheny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I hate the thought of anybody really tight on funds donating too much and having to suffer themselves. I'd say if thats the case best not to donate. I think Betheny knows how much we all care for her here on carecure. I'll hopefully get a hold of her tomorrow and see how she is doing. I'm driving halfway up the East coast tomorrow in my truck from Florida. Heading back to the Northeast for the Holiday's to be with family.
    Grown-ups can make their own decisions on how best to manage their own money while supporting Betheny. Allow them to decide for themselves please. Ami, if you can, please extend the end date so that everyone who is so moved can donate if they choose. Thank you. And again, thanks for taking this on.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Absolutely, I will extend it to years end.
      Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Ami, thank you for organizing this. I hope this helps Betheny, she's had more than her share of heartbreak.

Comment

bump.

Wonder how Betheny is and if she is packed for Kansas yet?
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

REally been thinking bout bethany and hoping for the best........

Comment

The chipin ends tonight. The grand total donated is $5,155 with 78 donors + one who sent me a check. After subtracting out paypal fees but adding in a check that was sent to me, the amount is $5,037.47 As noted earlier in this thread, I sent a check to her (that has been cashed) for $4,000. As soon as I have her new mailing address I will be sending the balance of $1,037.47 to her. As with the first check, I will send the canceled check image to addiesue for verification.

Thank you to everyone who donated. This community really knows how to rally around one of their own. The money was intended for just one funeral - Jake's - but as it turns out, she needed to pay for two - her father's as well (he died on Christmas day if you missed the update).

Ami

Comment

Thanks Ami. Well done. And, you've created an awesome model for the future (which one would hope we'd never need but odds are, we will).
                My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by zillazangel View Post
                  The chipin ends tonight. The grand total donated is $5,155 with 78 donors + one who sent me a check. After subtracting out paypal fees but adding in a check that was sent to me, the amount is $5,037.47 As noted earlier in this thread, I sent a check to her (that has been cashed) for $4,000. As soon as I have her new mailing address I will be sending the balance of $1,037.47 to her. As with the first check, I will send the canceled check image to addiesue for verification.

Thank you to everyone who donated. This community really knows how to rally around one of their own. The money was intended for just one funeral - Jake's - but as it turns out, she needed to pay for two - her father's as well (he died on Christmas day if you missed the update).

Ami
                  Hold on, her dad also passed away after her son?
                  I did not donate, I just come across the thread. Totally blown away.
                  Can I still help? How is she doing?
                  My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by zillazangel View Post

Ami
                    Many thanks for all you've done Ami.

I shouldn't worry about Beth's father's funeral he was a multi millionaire.

Comment

Ami,

Thank you for bringing us together to support someone who has been a rock to our community for all these years. Betheny's fighting spirit has taught me fight the SCI beast over the years, i can only hope to be as much of a badass as her.

Comment

Ami - many thanks for all you've done. There's no doubt that Betheny needs and deserves our help - but you've still gone above and beyond. Thank you.

Comment

Ami, I don't think she will need to pay for two. Moving expenses are crazy though when you think about all the things you have to do and things that need reconnected etc. Even moving across town can get expensive, let alone further.
                          Last edited by november; 31 Dec 2011, 2:55 AM.
                          Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

This all is so horrible all that Betheny has been through the past couple of years, more than anybody should have to endure. She is one strong woman though, I'm sure a lot of it she gets from her Dad and her Mom of course too. We once compared our families talking on the phone and we both had very similiar Dads, they were like one in a million type Dads who were both super motivated and real workers and people persons. I am so very sorry to hear about Betheny's dad especially at this time of year. I lost my Dad 3 years ago Christmas eve, same age as Betheny's dad. I'm sure though this money will help her out a lot as she just moved and has a lot of new expenses.
                            "Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Sorry november, I just assumed she needed to contribute or pay for her fathers funeral. My mistake. Apologies.

Comment

Working...
                              X