No announcement yet.

Jake died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry for your loss, sending prayers for you.
    ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

Comment

oh Beth, what a suckfest this year has been. I'm so very sorry for this horrible loss. Let me echo a smart and caring woman to wish you uncoditional healing.
      Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Betheny, ohhh no, I'm so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan M View Post
          I can still picture him chasing down Hillary Clinton at our first rally telling her she needed to register.
          This happened? What a great memory to have! Determined - like his mother.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I am so, so sorry to hear of your loss.
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
              This happened? What a great memory to have! Determined - like his mother.
              It was funny because there were Secret Service and they were like, "WTH" Jake must have been 13--I am not sure he even was aware it was Hilary.
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

I have no words. I am just stunned.

Chris.
                Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

Betheny, I just saw this. So very sorry to hear!!!!!!!!!! can be nothing worse than to loose a child. My heart goes out to you!!

Comment

Betheny,

I am a new poster and haven't gotten to know you on this site yet, but still want to express my sincerest condolences. I used to work as a counselor on a hotline, admittedly not for grief and loss issues, but still with people who were in profound crisis. Falling back on my training, I want to say, please reach out for help if you need it! Ask a friend or relative to come stay with you, if that would be comforting. They can do the day-to-day tasks like laundry and cooking that will begin to pile up.

Some people may need the help of sleeping pills or a light sedative the first few days after the death of a loved one, so consider calling your doctor if you are going night after night without sleep. He or she can probably prescribe something. There are also crisis lines that you can call. Some people don't feel comfortable using a hotline, and that is okay. They aren't for everyone. I do urge you to call if you find yourself feeling suicidal--it's not something anyone wants to mention, but these feelings can happen after a loved one passes away, especially when the death is unexpected. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline can be reached at: 1-800-273-TALK. The counselors on the hotline speak with people who are dealing with bereavement issues all the time. If you don't find one counselor helpful, consider calling back and asking to speak with someone else.

I will be thinking of you and your son. I know everyone on the board here wishes that they could alleviate your pain in any way.

with sympathy,

Nikki
                    In our world constituted of differences of all kinds, it is not the disabled, but society at large that needs special education...to become a genuine society for all. -Frederic Major, Former UNESCO Director General

Comment

Truth

Originally posted by duge View Post
                      Betheny, I just saw this. So very sorry to hear!!!!!!!!!! can be nothing worse than to loose a child. My heart goes out to you!!
                      Everyday is a new day....nothing is permanent...God makes changes for a reason. Be happy always

Lisa
                      Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Comment

No words that haven't been said.

So sorry Betheny.
                        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

I'm sorry for your terrible loss, Betheny.
                          Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Bethany, I don't know what to say I'm in shock, so sorry, how much can one person be put through..
                            JimmyMack
                            Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
                            http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

omg

Beth I'm so sorry for your loss.

Love ya, Leo
                              http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                                It was funny because there were Secret Service and they were like, "WTH" Jake must have been 13--I am not sure he even was aware it was Hilary.
                                He knew it was her, but, he was on a mission to account for everybody at the rally. Very much like his mother. He was 16, I think, or nearly so.
                                Please submit your photo and story of hope:

http://bridges2hope.unite2fightparalysis.org/

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/

Comment

Working...
                                X