chiropractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chiropractor

have any of you gone to a chiropractor since your injury ? i am t 6-7 and have rods from t 3-9 . i feel worse now than i did before going in . can messing around with my back make my injury worse ?
    trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met

I've see one twice a week for the past 13 years. I have a fused T6/7 no rods so can't comment on that. It may be your back has not adjusted to the change from the chiro.

I see him and a masseuse. They've done wonders with my shoulders and imo, has keep the surgeon away for a long period. They aren't going to heal completely, but they help with the flexibility etc.

Did the Chiro take xrays, is he aware of your rods? If they continue to bother you, I'd call him.

Comment

Last edited by lonecoaster; 6 Nov 2011, 9:19 PM.

Comment

thanks for the replies - what is a d.o ? i come from a small town and the chiropractor said he has worked on some in wheelchairs but not a spinal cord injured person and said he is looking forward to seeing results as appointments pass . will give it a few times and see what happens i guess .
        trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never met

Comment

My SCI doctor have told me not to go to a chiropractor, but I have nothing against chiropractors for people with a normal spinal cord.
          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

The main difference between the two types of physicians (M.D. and D.O.) is that D.O.s have been specially trained to perform osteopthic manipulations on patients. They view the patient as a 'total person" and focus on preventative care. They view the whole body rather than treat specific symptoms or illness. D.O.s use Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT) in their practice. This involves the use of their hands to diagnose injury and illness and to encourage your body's natural ability to heal. Osteopathic medicine is a fast-growing segment of the United States healthcare field.
            C5/C6

Comment

I was married to a chiropractor for 10 years years. They make terrible wives, but if you find the right one they definitely can relieve pain. The trick is to find a good one. I've got one in Vancouver that I recommend, Dr. Nigel Liang.

Comment

Last edited by lonecoaster; 6 Nov 2011, 9:20 PM.

Comment

I have adjustments with a computer using vibration now. I see a massage therapist just after the adjustment. I had to get a treatment plan from my chiropractor then have my surgeon approve it.

The computer connects to a device that sends pulses to problem areas. The first two times I was in terrible pain after. It lasted a couple of days then abated.

I still have issues with hypersensitive spots...massage helps to desensitize some....plus it makes my muscles happier.

Good luck with the chiro.
                  CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Comment

Originally posted by lavenderthistle View Post
                    I have adjustments with a computer using vibration now. I see a massage therapist just after the adjustment. I had to get a treatment plan from my chiropractor then have my surgeon approve it.

The computer connects to a device that sends pulses to problem areas. The first two times I was in terrible pain after. It lasted a couple of days then abated.

I still have issues with hypersensitive spots...massage helps to desensitize some....plus it makes my muscles happier.

Good luck with the chiro.
                    Is the device he uses, a SCENAR L? I see a massues also after or before the chiro. I feel the combination has really helped all these years. They do make the muscle happier lol.

Comment

Mine uses the proadjuster. It took a few times to get used to it miss the old "crack your bones" manipulation. Oh well.....things change. I'm just happy she can adjust me again

Question for you Patrick. Do you have hypersensitive spots you deal with?

I'm having more hyperensitivity issues. A light touch is more painful than a slow firm touch. My masseuse is good about changing her touch based on what feels the most 'raw'. Some days it just hurts to be touched anywhere. I do have prescriptions, but try to use those pretty much only at night......any suggestions?

Comment

Hi L. I think I have a little at the injury site. We've been working together,2x's a week, for 13.5 years so she knows my body and reflexes pretty good.

I stay away from rx's also. I may take the odd 1/2 ambien for sleep on tough nights of regret but other than that just a nsaid. I'm just not a pill taker.

I mentioned the SCENAR. It's a fairly new device that was developed by the Russan Space Agency. It's unbelievable how much it helps my torn, ripped and damaged self. If I have aches, pain or other stuff, I reach for it first rather than drugs.

Comment

I only ever got chiropractic manipulation at Atlas. I figured that was a safe distance from C4.

The SCENAR sounds like an interesting modality. Must check it out

Comment

I love my earth muffin chiro and massage therapist, the other lady in the office does ultrasound, ES and traction.

I miss traction!

Lately I've felt like a druggie. Neurontin at bed and a muscle relaxer when needed at bed.

She adjusts everything above and below fusion site....still scary since parts are out still (yikes)

But, that's life.

Comment

Working...
                            X