No announcement yet.

Paralysed father 'saved by Facebook' .......

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paralysed father 'saved by Facebook' .......

    A father from Wales, who woke up paralysed due to a crippling spine condition, owes his life to Facebook after posting a request for help that was seen by friends 6,000 miles away.

    Peter Casaru, 59, wrote on the social networking site that he was unable to move his legs and could not call for an ambulance from his remote cottage in Brecon, South Wales, because the battery in his mobile phone was dead.
    It took him over an hour to crawl to his laptop where he managed to post a message alerting his contacts to the emergency.

    The dad of one, who lives alone, wrote: ''Can someone call 999, Ambulance for me, I need one now. I have fractued my back. dtuck ob floor. no phone abd glasses, toucvh typing. please help me.'' (sic)

    Friends as far away as New York and Vancouver replied when they saw his updates and tried call for help.

    However, it was his friend Juliet McFarlane, who lives just six miles away, who was first to call 999 and two ambulances arrived at his house 20 minutes later.

    Mr Casaru, a photographer, said his doctors told him the spinal spasm he suffered could have killed him if he had not received emergency treatment.
    Mr Casaru has had spinal problems since breaking his back in a quad-bike accident six years ago.

  • #2
    WOW. Thats a truly amazing story. I just think...I thought Facebook was stupid.


    • #3
      I'm not a fan of Facebook, but sure was a lifesaver for this man.