Frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MSspouse View Post
    I didn't learn Excel in college. It was pretty new back then. However, it is one of the most useful things I have ever learned and has contributed more to my productivity and income than any of my college classes.
    I love taking this computer class. For one it is so easy. I just do the assignments and scan over the book material withouth reading it all and I have gotten a 100 on all of my assignments except the first one. That was because it wasn't centered correctly and it was two pages instead of one. That would have been an easy fix if I had paid more attention. But this class is going to be an easy A.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc View Post
      I should get you to come fix my computer, chick.
      Yeah, well, I have a knack for figuring things out

...and some things are just plainly in our face.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
        You are a better person than I for taking a computer class for self-fulfillment.

Excel is one of those things they teach in college, but then you never use it.
        Absolutely true!

Comment

I thought I'd put this here and quit talking about it on the other thread since isn't supposed to be the purpose of that thread. I had a hard time getting a book to do a paper on and after reading almost half of it, I don't think it is really going to be the right type for this paper. This is beyond frustrating. The paper is due by 11pm tomorrow (Saturday) I had thought about finishing up my current paper on Monday and just turning it in two days late, but I just realized I have another 5 page paper due IN THIS SAME CLASS on Wednesday. That will again leave me with only two days to do another 5 page paper. Not even counting the assignments in my other classes. I knew about this paper, but I was thinking it was due Saturday like all the other assignments have been. I don't even know what to do. I worked so hard last week to do assignments early so I could get started on my paper, but then I couldn't get a book until Thursday evening.

Comment

After getting halfway finished with the book I was going to do the paper on, I decided it didn't seem like the right one for this paper. So I'm going to just use the one I got from the library. It looks like it will be an easy read and I plan to just write the paper while I'm reading it.

Comment

firstly whats the subject?

I might have read a book on a similar subject and be of use
              i have just finidhed reading or re reading defiat birth
              limits of medicine
              poems from both siides the fence
              by trust betrayed
              home bound in america
              anatomy as spectical
              becoming a heroinethe disbility studies reader
              if i had wheels or love
              claiming disability
              tilling the hard soil

Comment

Originally posted by all-buggered-up View Post
                firstly whats the subject?

I might have read a book on a similar subject and be of use
                i have just finidhed reading or re reading defiat birth
                limits of medicine
                poems from both siides the fence
                by trust betrayed
                home bound in america
                anatomy as spectical
                becoming a heroinethe disbility studies reader
                if i had wheels or love
                claiming disability
                tilling the hard soil
                This paper is for my Introduction to Missions class. It has to discuss 7 points of stragetic importance in ministry. I read the first 3 chapters of the book I got from the library. Then I skimmed through the other chapters to find the headings of topics that I plan to discuss. I have completed an outline with page numbers so I can go back and read those pages only. I hope to be able to pull off a pretty decent paper this way.
                The 7 topics I found to discuss are: evangelism, having a relationship with God, Leadership, worship, education/Sunday school, hospitality/welcoming new comers and outreach. I'll just read those sections of the book to find some quotes to use, then include my own thoughts. I'm still not sure how to do a 1 and a half page summary of the book, but I'm sure I can get that together. I may look at online book reviews and pull it together that way. All I want to do is turn in a halfway decent paper by the deadline which is now 21 hours away. I'm about to go to sleep for a few hours and get up and start writing it. Hopefully it'll all come together.

Comment

I got about 7 hours of sleep last night, so I hope I don't get sleey today like I did yesterday. I'm going to start the paper at 11am, that way I can get things done before I start working on the paper. This will leave me with 12 hours to complete the paper. I should take a couple of hours to do the introduction and summary then about an hour to discuss each of the 7 points. That will be 9 hours so hopefully I can finish the paper in 12 hours. I am completely finished with everything today, including get my stuff together go get ready for church in the morning. That way I won't have to do it in the morning if I do have to stay up past the deadline to finish the paper. This will be all I work on. I will only take short 10 minute breaks inbetween the sections. During that time I will listen to some songs to decide which ones to do tomorrow in class.
                  Last edited by faith9778; 15 Oct 2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I just checked on my colllege website and someone sent me an email asking what I made on the midterm. They said they studied all week and got a 40%. I checked my grade and had a 39%. That is outrageous. There was no explanation either. I studied the study guide very well and the questions on the test were exactly from the study guide. I thought I got all of the questions correct except for one. So I don't understand our low grades. I guess I won't get above a C in that class. The mid-term and final are 50% of our grades.

But on the bright side, I received an A on the paper that I had such a hard time finding a book to do it on. I pretty much just threw something together and was hoping for at least a C on the paper. Now if only I would have done better on the midterm then I could have all A's this semster.

Comment

The grade I mentioned above was changed to a 61%. The grade was changed again. Now it is an 86. I am very pleased with that grade!!!!
                      Last edited by faith9778; 21 Oct 2011, 2:26 PM.

Comment

I will be so glad when this semester is finished. I will be through with college after this semester because I'm not going back. It's not worth the stress and frustration. I have to watch a movie and do a paper on it. I borrowed the movie from someone from church. I was just about to watch it, but I dropped it and it now has a huge crack in it. Now I have to buy another one to replace the one I broke and so I can do my paper. I hate this kind of stuff.

Comment

I just bought the stupid movie. Hopefully it won't take long to get here. I was planning on watching it Sunday with a friend and doing the paper on it before Thanksgiving break, but so much for that idea. I'm tired of everything. I think I'm going to go to bed for now and maybe when I wake up things will be better.

Comment

Working...
                          X