The process is finally finished!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The process is finally finished!!

After a total of five facial reconstructive surgeries, since the 09 accident, I've finally completed the process, (new pic posted.) Thank goodness for a wonderful niece who's a fabulous beautician and make-up artist, but my real gratitude goes to, who I believe to be the absolute best facial and ocular eye surgeons in the nation--Dr. Jennifer Sivak, at the WV Eye Institute in Morgantown, Wv. I teased and told her if only now she could so easily help us with our neurological injuries, but we both agreed, that'll best be left in the hands of Dr. Young.
    Last edited by Patty41; 28 Sep 2011, 3:26 PM.

Congratulations, you look great.

Comment

Hi "Patty41,"
      Thanks for updating us with your progress from your most recent facial surgery. Many of us have been thinking about you since you wrote about having this most recent surgery. Your avatar picture tells your story. You look wonderful.

All the best,
      GJ and NL
      Last edited by gjnl; 28 Sep 2011, 2:36 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear that the ordeal is over and everything worked out. I hope your future is filled with many positives.
        You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
        http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
        http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Oh, Patty, I am so delighted to see this thread! Like so many others here, I've wondered how you're doing and am thrilled to hear that you are finished with this process. As gjnl says, your avatar picture tells the story - just lovely. I know you must feel so relieved and happy to have the surgeries behind you. Blessings always!
          MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

You look mahvelous!
            NYC Disability Forum (@DisabledNYC on Twitter)

Comment

Iv been thinking about you, wondering how it was going with that.
              you are lovely, so glad the surgeries went well.

Comment

Patty, congratulations on your completion of this final surgery. I am so glad things turned out so well for you!

Comment

Looks good, Patty, but I thought that you looked good before surgery - you have a good face.
                  Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                  T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

You look great! If you're happy then that's the important part! Do you have a side-by-side before-and-after?
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

glad you're ok!!!
                      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                      http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

You look great, thanks for the update.
                        A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Hi Patty, I had been wondering how it was going and hoping for an update.
                          Could not be happier how well things turned out.
                          I love your new picture.

Comment

You look Beautiful. Congrats on the last surgery. I know you are glad to have that behind you.
                            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                            X