Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handicapped tags post your possible violators pix

My questionable use of the day ....

Oh man, I hope you got the license plate. Send it to directv and get that asshat fired.

Comment

I ought to start taking photos and paying more attention to cars parked without tags.

I do have a photo - an "Only in Palo Alto" type of photo, of a handicap spot, at the Stanford stadium.

Whoever owns it is not a violator. Or maybe not - I don't know, other than I know those cars are very hard to get in and out of, and there's no way to get a wheelchair into one...

Comment

Keep in mind that not everyone who has a legitimate placard is a wheelchair user. People with amputations, those who use canes, crutches or walkers, and people with cardiac and pulmonary disabilities also can usually legitimate get and use a placard and handicapped parking.

Anyway, I would suggest instead of posting your photos here that you use this website instead, which is set up for that purpose:

http://www.handicappedfraud.org/index.php

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoPixie View Post
          I ought to start taking photos and paying more attention to cars parked without tags.

I do have a photo - an "Only in Palo Alto" type of photo, of a handicap spot, at the Stanford stadium.

Whoever owns it is not a violator. Or maybe not - I don't know, other than I know those cars are very hard to get in and out of, and there's no way to get a wheelchair into one...
          Nice, gotta love Shallow Alto.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
            Great website! Thanks for the link. Fairly extensive listing of violators, names, license plate numbers - the whole shebang as they say!

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
              Keep in mind that not everyone who has a legitimate placard is a wheelchair user. People with amputations, those who use canes, crutches or walkers, and people with cardiac and pulmonary disabilities also can usually legitimate get and use a placard and handicapped parking.

Anyway, I would suggest instead of posting your photos here that you use this website instead, which is set up for that purpose:

http://www.handicappedfraud.org/index.php

(KLD)
              I don't know KLD, that site's blog is mostly shoe spam, it mentions "President-elect Obama" on its homepage and is trying to sell me swag and post-its. I think posting to that site is shouting in the wind.

Comment

I get so exasperated and pissed taking pictures and stewing.
                Last winter when snow was piled high we had a terrible time getting a spot. A reporter was going to do a story on why tickets are not issued and then dropped it after talking to 2 police officers.
                No one gives a shit it feels like. When you have a big van with a ramp and need the room for me to load and unload a big chair it is extra hard.
                I got in a lady's face at a German fest for blocking a curb cut. A man in a scooter, walker and some stroller people applauded me, but my anger scared me and mortified my mother for the rest of the day.
                Grrrr.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                  I got in a lady's face at a German fest for blocking a curb cut. A man in a scooter, walker and some stroller people applauded me, but my anger scared me and mortified my mother for the rest of the day.
                  Grrrr.
                  Yep, I know it angers more my husband than me..he got so angry at a motercycle driver who blocked my ramp..I was really worried he would get in a fight and get arrested! I never saw him that angry and never want to see that much energy/stress/emotion/ wasted in this way again.

There has to be a better way. I mean a fun quick shopping trip to HomeGoods was ruined. geez..
                  "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
                    Yep, I know it angers more my husband than me..he got so angry at a motercycle driver who blocked my ramp..I was really worried he would get in a fight and get arrested! I never saw him that angry and never want to see that much energy/stress/emotion/ wasted in this way again.

There has to be a better way. I mean a fun quick shopping trip to HomeGoods was ruined. geez..
                    I agree. It was against my nature to act that way, but it just came from inside. I felt nearly violent which was totally not me.
                    2 summers ago after a 2 mo hospital stay hub had a new trach, no voice looked fragile.
                    We were at our first doc appt and came outof the clinic to the curb cut blocked by a lay who was running something in. It was a hot day and they were laying new tar down on top of it and I wanted to get him out of there.
                    She came out and said hi, smiled (no I'm sorry) and I did not answer, just probably looked annoyed, but held it in. She said "smile-you are lucky to be alive...."
                    I lost it and swear if she had not been getting inside her car already I would have jumped on her back. I screamed and swore she should walk her fat ass next time and she sped off.
                    I never felt such rage-I swear I would have crashed into her if had the chance.
                    I'm not proud of this one bit. It was like I was protective to a fault and some crazy rage kicked in.
                    Now I just shut up and bear it.

Comment

Failed attempt at parking space at the water department. I can not find my picture of the mailman parking int he spot in front of my office, but it is a winner.
                      If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                        I agree. It was against my nature to act that way, but it just came from inside. I felt nearly violent which was totally not me.
                        2 summers ago after a 2 mo hospital stay hub had a new trach, no voice looked fragile.
                        We were at our first doc appt and came outof the clinic to the curb cut blocked by a lay who was running something in. It was a hot day and they were laying new tar down on top of it and I wanted to get him out of there.
                        She came out and said hi, smiled (no I'm sorry) and I did not answer, just probably looked annoyed, but held it in. She said "smile-you are lucky to be alive...."
                        I lost it and swear if she had not been getting inside her car already I would have jumped on her back. I screamed and swore she should walk her fat ass next time and she sped off.
                        I never felt such rage-I swear I would have crashed into her if had the chance.
                        I'm not proud of this one bit. It was like I was protective to a fault and some crazy rage kicked in.
                        Now I just shut up and bear it.
                        In your case, it did seem very appropriate..and not all anger is bad...sometimes it iis justifiable anger and is righteous and warranted.

IN my case, the motercycle girl said she was sorry immediately and thought she had moved her bike enough to let ramp down --she was wrong.I nicely educated her...but this case didnt warrant the barrage she got from my hubby (he later apologized to me and said he too was ashamed at how he acted). Your seemed to have been a good case of her deserving it.. I am kinda glad you gave it to her!
                        Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 31 Aug 2011, 10:01 AM.
                        "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                          Nice, gotta love Shallow Alto.
                          I see you're familiar with The People's Republic.

Having lived here all my life, I will be the first to say that my opinion of my hometown is hopelessly biased, but here goes: Palo Alto is the center of the Universe.

Comment

heres the requirements for florida .........

NOTE: "Unable to walk 200 feet" is no longer a qualifying disability, unless it is due to one of the conditions listed below (b-g).
                            DISABILITY TYPE:
                            a. Legally Blind (This is the only disability an Optometrist can certify.)

b. Inability to walk without the use of or assistance from a brace, cane, crutch, prosthetic device, or other assistive device, or without assistance of another person. If the
                            assistive device significantly restores the person's ability to walk to the extent that the person can walk without severe limitation, the person is not eligible for the
                            exemption parking permit.
                            c. The need to permanently use a wheelchair.
                            d. Restriction by lung disease to the extent that the person's forced (respiratory) expiratory volume for 1 second, when measured by spirometry, is less than one liter or
                            the person's arterial oxygen is less than 60 mm/hg on room air at rest.
                            e. Use of portable oxygen.
                            f. Restriction by cardiac condition to the extent that the person's functional limitations are classified in severity as Class III or Class IV according to standards set by the
                            American Heart Association.
                            g. Severe limitation in a person's ability to walk due to an arthritic, neurological, or orthopedic condition.
                            WARNING: Any person who knowingly makes a false or misleading statement in an application or certification under section 320.0848, Florida Statutes, commits a
                            misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in section 775.082 or 775.083, F.S. The penalty is up to one year in jail or a fine of $1,000 or bot

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoPixie View Post

That could be legit. We have a fiat spider that I drive to local cruise-ins. Being a convertible I can transfer my wife from the seat to wc fairly easily. The folding wc stows straight up in the rear "seat" area (barely wide enough for grocery bags). We're good unless it rains. I can't put the top up with the wc in the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X