No announcement yet.

I am in big trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have every faith that the strength and ingenuity that have served you and Mrs. 55+1 so well for all these years will enable you to ride this out.

I wish you both the very best of luck and fast healing.

Comment

I am so sorry, and wish you and Mrs. 55 a smooth path through all of this.
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

SHIT--

If anyone can do it, you can. You know what to do and how to do it. Stay strong.

Comment

OMG!!

You need to call SS asap and apply for a CD/ED Waiver. These are designed to keep you out of nursing homes. Through it, you can get the nursing and PCA help you and relieve your wife free of charge. The CD offers you the choice of agency help. The ED part allows you to pay someone through your CIL. Usually you're approved for atleast 30 or more hrs/week. However, your wife can not receive the pay.

GOOD LUCK!! I will be thinking of you both. Mend & heal quickly.

Comment

Very sorry to hear. I had thoughts similar to others have stated when I read your post, the same smarts and initiative that have gotten you this far will get you through this.

Thoughts are with you and Mrs 55.

Comment

Sorry to hear this hopefully you will be able to work something out. Hope your leg heals quickly and you feel better soon.
              A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

This is terrible news. I read the thread and expected something smartass from you my dear 55.
                PLEASE keep us posted.
                You and Mrs.55 are one hell of a team. Damn.

Comment

oh no grandpa sci!!!!! i hope your leg heals soon so you can go back to posting something funny and smartass. i too thought you were joking but
                  "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                  http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Damn, that's terrible news. Please take care and know that you're in all of our thoughts. Keep us posted whenever possible. (Crosses fingers for you).

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                      This is terrible news. I read the thread and expected something smartass from you my dear 55.
                      PLEASE keep us posted.
                      You and Mrs.55 are one hell of a team. Damn.
                      My sentiments exactly. My prayers are with you.

Mary
                      C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

Comment

So sorry to here about the troubles that have come your way 55, I hope everything works out in your favor. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Mrs 55, PLEASE keep us posted.
                        JimmyMack
                        Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
                        http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Comment

{{{LANGUAGE WARNING}}}}}

I have a special saying for situations like this that I usually reserve for fellow caregiver types - it goes like this - Fuck fuck fuckity fuck !!

I'm truly sorry to read about your bad luck 55 - I'm bathing you in the light and I wish you speedy healing !!

Obieone
                          ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                          Jane Siberry

Comment

Damn, this forum can be depressing at times. I'm sorry to hear.

Comment

So sorry to hear this sci55. All the best for a quick, easy recuperation at home. You and Mrs. 55 are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

SCI55 for many year's you have been a icon I look up to because of our similarities
                                Why do the Nursing home word come about ?
                                If anyone can find a way it is you I hope you do not go in a nursing home
                                You and Mrs 55 are in my thought's and prayers .
                                Is there anything I can offer to help you out ? Feel free to pm me or e mail me
                                I am thinking of you and hope you feel better , heal up .
                                Sincerely; GL

Comment

Working...
                                X