Front row at Joan Rivers last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdf View Post
    Don't like the woman. Her shtick went sour decades ago.
    According to her, so did her pussy. She said hers was so old the Donner party wouldn't eat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
      Oh, it was a fun night! Her opening joke was this: "I have just gotten good news from the Winehouse family, Amy has been drug-free for three weeks." (audience groans and laughs) "Too soon?"

Comics are brilliant in what they can do. As much as I hate Casey Anthony, even Joan can make you laugh at a joke about her, but as Majed pointed out to me, it's not necessarily a good thing for Casey that she's an iconic comic's joke of a child killer. It's such a blend of anger, laughter, and telling the truth.
      I have to admit the Winehouse joke simultaneously made me giggle and then be appalled at the fact that I was giggling. It is part of Joan's magic that she can walk this line so carefully. The Casey Anthony joke, not so much. I think the difference for me is that Winehouse was an adult who chose her poisons and so was at least partially responsible for her own death, but not Casey, and that joke just made me cringe in the bad way.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
        The Casey Anthony joke, not so much. I think the difference for me is that Winehouse was an adult who chose her poisons and so was at least partially responsible for her own death, but not Caylee, and that joke just made me cringe in the bad way.
        Winehouse killed herself and the Casey Anthony joke suggests
        that she's a remorseless, child killer, but in a humorous way.
        I'm not put off by it.

Comment

Dave loved it that she said that to you Todd-and the plant part.
          With Joan she is usually loved or hated. I admit I did not like her up until several years ago when she sort of grew on me.

Comment

That old ass broad is still alive? god damn.

they done stretched her face all the way to the back of her neck. that ol walking corpse

glad you had fun tho lol

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
              "I'm so pissed off! A little kid was behind me on the flight here. All through the fucking flight (does a kick motion to a chair). 'Lady, this, Lady, that.' I hate kids! Where is Casey Anthony when you need her?"

Funnily, my cousin Holli got a photo of her cue cards for me and she got the one of Casey Anthony written on it.
              Oh! I would have lolled at that.

Comment

lady diss ya , you stay. loser
                oh well

Comment

Originally posted by kenf View Post
                  Post some pics of yourself out in public, loser.

Comment

Originally posted by kenf View Post
                    Oh, relax! It was hardly what your wife did to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X