Weeds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weeds!

So since my husbands injury 3 1/2 years ago I have taken over all house hold chores inside and out. He has a T4 injury.
    I mow the lawn trim bushes, rake leaves, shovel show, pull weeds do all the gardening. All of it. Today mowing the lawn I look over and the mow strip we have full of rocks has weeds growing in it. I have sprayed them several times this summer but they just pop back up. Today I though my husband should be able to spray weeds????? Right?????

I'm a 65 year old T6 for 30 years. I mow the lawn, trim the lower bushes (I have a 10 ft headge I haven't figured out yet.) Pull weeds, all though that is most of my lawn. Use to run the snow blower when I lived in Wi and CO.
    I strap the sprayer to my legs, and kill everything in sight. My ex took the leaf blower away from me cause I was having too much fun with it.

Comment

Same here, I mowed our two acre lawn with my John Deere for many years, also did all the sidewalks etc. My wife did the gardens cause that's her thing.

I have seen over the years, many couples have trouble defining the boundries of what the sci person can do or not. Sure in the beginning it may be hard but as time goes on and we get stronger, there's not reason we can't take back our responsibilities. Do you do it because it's easier and faster or because he refuses to. YOu could always tell him he does it or he finds the budget to hire a lawnskeeper.

Comment

Wow any advise on how I get him to be more motivated?

Comment

His reply to me when asking him to take out the bathroom garbage is "I cant" It is amazing to me that "he cant" when it comes to the garbage or helping with yard work but when he wants to go shooting he can pack his car to the top with heavy tables guns buckets of bullets and watermelons to shoot at??????? He even just changed a radiator in someones car?????? I dont get it!

Comment

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."
            Cool Hand Luke
            Don - Grad Student Emeritus
            T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

I would say "well I can't anymore either!" Simple as that.

Comment

You should hire a big, strapping country boy to do your yard work and you run around in short shorts assisting the help whenever he needs a hand. And make your husband pay for the help too. I'm serious too, thats what I would do.
                A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by Donno View Post
                  "What we've got here is a failure to communicate."
                  Cool Hand Luke
                  Hi Donno,

I believe that was also used by Jackie Gleason in
                  Smokie and the Bandit.
                  Millard
                  ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

Comment

WTF can I come work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Millard View Post
                      Hi Donno,

I believe that was also used by Jackie Gleason in
                      Smokie and the Bandit.
                      In Cool Hand Luke, it's used twice: once by the evil warden early on, and later by Luke.
                      Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                      T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Working...
                      X