No announcement yet.

How do you forgive youself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doo-doo occurs, dealt with it and move forward.

Comment

My SCI was basically my fault. Never paused to feel guilty about it. It was the kind of small error that I have made before (and since), and the same kind of error that others sometimes make. Just unlucky that such unusually severe consequences followed this mistake.

Oh, and I've driven drunk before. And each time got home and went to bed. Not proud of that; but I know that (there but for the grace of God go I) when I read of the tragedies that have resulted from drink driving.

Don't beat yourself up too much.

Comment

It will become easier to forgive yourself when you've lived enough of the alternative. You've got one life to live, that's it. One shot at knowing what it is to live on Earth. Why spend time dwelling on the things you want to forget, when you could be creating new experiences that you'll want to remember? (Says the girl who spends 99% of her time in her own little cocoon, new experience-less). You're human. With that comes a whole lot of stuff you might not want, like imperfection and emotions, which are messy but necessary. Learning and growth are impossible without mistakes. SO... forgive, grow and learn... and enjoy this life of yours the best you can.
        Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank

Comment

Working...
        X