This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pete4sake View Post
    How does one possibly cope with the inevitable end stages of SCI. I am in the 2 nd weak of what looks like to be a very long bout with 2 bed sores and am going both crazy and depressed Like others have said no issues when I am funtonong and healthy but when under the grips of infection or now skin sore confinement it is not in my makeup to pretend
    I am not depressed.
    There is no reason you should pretend. Usually my day goes bad if I simply have an unsuccessful bowel program, and that is relatively insignificant. Depression is logical.

Comment

I found that the pain meds numbed my emotions more than they numbed my physical pain. The need to accept and adapt to sci is essential yet looking back I see that I put up with being stuck in the feeling of helplessness whilst on the meds that I wouldn't have tolerated with my fully functioning mind.

Comment

No real depression, but bucketloads of frustration. Objects being an inch from reach; innaccessibilites that are easily rectified; lack of ADA enforcement; not saying what?s on my mind when associating with stupid ABs, and much more.

Doug Graves
        You C.A.N.
        Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

Working...
        X