NOT GUILTY for Casey Anthony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOT GUILTY for Casey Anthony

Another what the fuck moment for our justice system.

Our justice system worked. The DA didn't meet the burden of proof, the way I see it. I think it was an accident, and they all wigged out. I think the defendant suffered manic depressive syndrome after her baby died, explaining the bizarre behavior.

I doubt we'll ever know the truth of the matter. I'd like to hear what the jury has to say, if they say anything.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Agreed that there just wasn't enough evidence, except I think she did it.

I'm more interested in why her parents got up and left the courtroom early showing no emotion whatsoever ...
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I also hold the belief that she is guilty and am disappointed it went to trial without the burden of proof being met. I hope she never brings another child into the world..ever.

Comment

I really think she is quilty, and is mentally ill, but there just wasn't enough, or any, concrete proof that she was involved. That is what the law says. Concrete proof, not speculation, not probability. I hope along with Eileen, that she has no other children, but doubt it. That said, I am glad that a case is not judged by public opinion, as the public is often wrong. Judging with emotion without regard to proof.

Comment

As in my malpractice case, sadly, the best show won. The defense put on the much better show.

I'd give a little more credence to the argument that the child died accidentally leaving her in despair if it weren't for the partying (that's not mere bizarre behavior, it's a sick mind at work), making up a molestation story against your father and brother, the phone calls, the body being in her car.

Let's face it: NEITHER side proved how the little girl died. There is no proof she drowned or died accidently either.

Comment

Originally posted by rebajane View Post
              I really think she is quilty, and is mentally ill, but there just wasn't enough, or any, concrete proof that she was involved. That is what the law says. Concrete proof, not speculation, not probability. I hope along with Eileen, that she has no other children, but doubt it. That said, I am glad that a case is not judged by public opinion, as the public is often wrong. Judging with emotion without regard to proof.
              I have to disagree. Scott Peterson was convicted based on speculation as well. Conviction for murder is barring beyond a reasonal doubt.

Comment

The whole time I was wondering, "How the hell do you drown with duct tape covering your mouth and nose?"
                I believe she did it, they just could not prove who did it, when or WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by anban View Post
                  The whole time I was wondering, "How the hell do you drown with duct tape covering your mouth and nose?"
                  I believe she did it, they just could not prove who did it, when or WHY?
                  You're right! Apparently, if you google how to kill (among other sick bookmarked searches) and your daughter ends up dead in the back of your car with duct tape on her mouth, you're still not guilty of foul play. What-the-fuck-ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
                    As in my malpractice case, sadly, the best show won. The defense put on the much better show.

I'd give a little more credence to the argument that the child died accidentally leaving her in despair if it weren't for the partying (that's not mere bizarre behavior, it's a sick mind at work), making up a molestation story against your father and brother, the phone calls, the body being in her car.

Let's face it: NEITHER side proved how the little girl died. There is no proof she drowned or died accidently either.
                    it's the presecutors responsibility to prove how the girl died, and prove casey did it
                    like others, i think she's guilty as hell, but cannot believe how the presecutor was even allowed to bring this to court with no evidence
                    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                    Ronald Reagan

Comment

She will be out on time served. And she will be able to make herself alot of money.

I wonder how this case would have ended if the media had not gotten involved???

You know that 13 children die at the hands of their parents each day in the USA....so one has to wonder just how this would have panned out if the media had not picked it up.

I have to think she would have been found guilty had the 24/7 over-analysis not been alowed to get in the way of common sense.

wow...this is my first taste of being an American who has been let down by the US justice system

Comment

Wonder who was the father of little Caylee? She never revealed that - even to her parents or am I mistaken?
                        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I have spent a good bit of time in court and have sometimes left scratching my head in disbelief of things I saw. I just saw snippets of this trial, and have two conclusions related to the outcome.

First, at times the prosecutor got melodramatic, and sometimes exaggerated the worth of obviously limited evidence(?). There comes a point at which such antics destroy credibility in the eyes of people with common sense. I think he created doubts about the veracity of his case.

Second, I think the speculative nature of the motive he presented plus the tactic of demonizing Casey were major flaws. Had he presented a scenaroio in which she was a struggling, frustrated, and angry single mom who briefly snapped and put duct tape over a crying or nagging two-year old's mouth would have been much more believable. Regrettably, we have had similar tragedies around here. However, those are not death penalty cases.

On the other hand, the accidental drowning story seems to lack merit. I cannot imagine anyone not calling 911 when finding their baby in a pool. Moreover, the events leading to the disposal of the body are hard to accept. In the end, the evidence presented did not prove her to be guilty, but she may be.
                          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

The prosecutor should not have laughed at Jose Baez. I don't think the jury did its job. This is very sad for the grandparents of little Caylee Anthony.
                            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                            --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                            ––Paul Nussbaum
                            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

There is a special place in HELL for people who kill and abuse children especially there own. She will find the seat with her name on it one day.

Comment

Working...
                              X