Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another quake in japan

damn, they can't get a break it seems

NEW YORK (AP) — A magnitude-6.7 earthquake rattled northeast Japan on Thursday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.
    Japan's Kyodo
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

6.7 is a massage for them, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
      I can tell you that these aftershocks (6.7 is big) is not a massage. I have a dear longtime friend living in Tokyo Japan. I will only share part of an e-mail that I received from him on March 27, 2011. This is only one of many e-mails.

Yes, Japan needs a break.

Edited E-Mail

What we do have are rolling blackouts that last for several hours each day in all areas except mine. I live in central *****, where most of the companies and stores are located, and I think the government has wisely prioritized electricity for this area. I happen to be a fortunate beneficiary. Stores still have shortages of certain items, especially bottled water and packaged precooked rice. Bread is also largely MIA. It may be that the wear houses and factories for these items were all in the north and were damaged in the quake. Stores have dimmed or turned off many of the lights over shelves and in coolers and this, along with some barren shelves, has a somewhat eerie effect. Things don't quite seem right. Tokyo Disneyland has temporarily shut down and golf courses are largely empty because no one thinks it is appropriate to try to have fun at this point in time. Somehow, recreation seems disrespectful.
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
      --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
      ––Paul Nussbaum
      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I think NorthQuad left his machine unlocked and you shouldn't take his answer seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
          I think NorthQuad left his machine unlocked and you shouldn't take his answer seriously...
          I am letting it go. By the way, you have the beautiful home. It reminds me of Marin or Tiburon. We both live in earthquake country. Our day will come.
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I posted this question.

And what I meant by it was... a 6.7 is something Japan can easily handle, no? As they are prepared for much larger earthquakes, so I thought. I've read that after most earthquakes, in Japan, people hardly even slow down, they just continue their day or roll over and go back to sleep.

Comment

I posted this question.

And what I meant by it was... a 6.7 is something Japan can easily handle, no? As they are prepared for much larger earthquakes, so I thought. I've read that after most earthquakes, in Japan, people hardly even slow down, they just continue their day or roll over and go back to sleep.
              Heh, wasn't sure after the other thread I hope there was retribution...

Comment

zero sympathy from a guy who's hometown recently burnt to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by tooley View Post
                  zero sympathy from a guy who's hometown recently burnt to the ground.
                  Aww... your feelings are hurt. How 'bout you show me some tears little fella. haha. You wouldn't be the first to follow every one of my posts, looking for anything to get pissy about. I'm probably the first person you think of when you wake up, and the last thought before you go to sleep. Get a life.

Comment

I posted this question.

Prior to their 9.enormous, this would be true. Pretty amazing their skyscrapers rode it out so well. Now that the country has been damaged to such an extent though, a 6.7 could finish off what the 9.huge started.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
                    - Barack Obama

Comment

Originally posted by flicka View Post
                      Prior to their 9.enormous, this would be true. Pretty amazing their skyscrapers rode it out so well. Now that the country has been damaged to such an extent though, a 6.7 could finish off what the 9.huge started.
                      Yeah, for every full point on the scale, the magnitude doubles, doesn't it? True, the 9 really left them vulnerable to lower sized quakes but before the 9, they could've handled and were prepared for an 8.

Comment

Despite the coverage largely leaving the media, the nuclear reactors still pose problems and threats to the environment, and most acutely to the surrounding areas.

Comment

Yeah, for every full point on the scale, the magnitude doubles, doesn't it? True, the 9 really left them vulnerable to lower sized quakes but before the 9, they could've handled and were prepared for an 8.
                          It depends on the epicenter of the earthquake. The Kobe earthquake in Japan on January 17, 1995, was measured at 6.8. Approximately 6,000 people lost their lives and the cost was about $100,000,000.
                          --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

The coastal fishing towns are the ones that round up the sacred dolphins and slaughter them, including main culture that still slaughter whales in the name of research, plus totally decimating the bluefin tuna with the net scoop technique. GAI'S VENGENCE. were all a slaughtering species but the time is at hand for a major change. Shes raped and tired beyond any sympathy.
                            I am not your rolling wheels
                            I am the highway
                            I am not your carpet ride
                            I am the sky
                            I am not your blowing wind
                            I am the lightning
                            I am not your autumn moon
                            I am the night, the night..

Comment

Well that's one way to look at it.

Comment

Working...