Legal Euthanasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Euthanasia

Is euthanasia legal in U.S.? Or any others country legal in euthanasia?

It is not legal in USA people have been convicted of trying to assist loved ones to end there misery and are now sitting in jail.
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

Actually it is legal in oregon, it's called the death with dignity act. I think about 400 people have used it so far. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_...th_Dignity_Act

It also looks like washington has passed a similar law in 2008 but im not sure if anybody has used it yet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washing...th_Dignity_Act
      c3/c4, injured 2007

Comment

From state legal euthenasia varies This is why I feel one should have a good lawyer to handle the legalities .
        I know on the west coast it is more open about it and it can help end ones suffering .

Just thinking I forget if seattle does it ...
        IMOP it should be legalized in whole country because usually no one wants to suffer ..

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
          IMOP it should be legalized in whole country because usually no one wants to suffer ..
          Agreed and passionately so. I'm angered at assholes against any infringements on a person's decision to die.

Comment

Unfortunately one must be terminally ill. Not just suffering.

Comment

Originally posted by hcho72 View Post
              Unfortunately one must be terminally ill. Not just suffering.
              We often treat animals with more respect.

Comment

It is legal in Holland. But I have heard too many stories about it so I am negative. I don't like the idea that the society should think we are only a burden and should feel it was better we killed ourself. It reminds me of Hitler who killed one million disable people together with the Jew, gypsies and homosexuals.
                I think if people are suffering and somebody help them, they should not be punished. But it is dangerous if it is legal so all the disable people should feel it was expected that they did it.
                TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post

So true!
                  DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
                    the decision to euthanize my dog was extremely hard for me, cant imagine how hard it would be for a loved one.

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                      It is legal in Holland. But I have heard too many stories about it so I am negative. I don't like the idea that the society should think we are only a burden and should feel it was better we killed ourself. It reminds me of Hitler who killed one million disable people together with the Jew, gypsies and homosexuals.
                      I think if people are suffering and somebody help them, they should not be punished. But it is dangerous if it is legal so all the disable people should feel it was expected that they did it.
                      Hitler committed genocide; euthanasia is entirely different. The former is murder and the latter is assisted suicide and a choice of the individual to die.

If we use your example not to legalize euthanasia, I could argue we shouldn't have living facilities for the elderly because if they exist, the elderly are inclined to feel they must go live in one.

Giving someone the freedom to do something doesn't mean it is forced upon any individual.

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                        this is about how I feel about it.
                        and maybe kimsoon feels he is expected to get rid of himself.
                        I hope not. the feeling of being a burden us just a feeling. a bad feeling, but that can change. I once felt I was a burden too, but that was stinking thinking. I dont take neurontin our lyrica because it makes me think like that.

Comment

I live in Oregon too. The death with dignity act has been a godsend for people who are suffering.

We have had a recent case of a young man in my town who was suffering depression and sent away to a California company for a 'suicide kit' consisting of a plastic hood with hose that is then hooked up to a rented helium tank. Death takes place in a matter of a few minutes. All kinds of trouble has followed this young mans decision to end his life.

There are new efforts to change the laws, making it a crime to sell equipment or assist in any way a suicide of a non sanctioned physician assisted suicide (PAS). They want to make it possible to extradite and charge company officials who make such suicide equipment available to the general public.

Trouble is with the current physician assisted suicide law is it takes so long to get approved that the person is left to suffer to the very bitter end in some cases rendering the law for PAS mostly useless.

People should be able to make their own choice about what is considered grounds for suicide with assistance.
                          Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by skippy13 View Post
                            I live in Oregon too. The death with dignity act has been a godsend for people who are suffering.

We have had a recent case of a young man in my town who was suffering depression and sent away to a California company for a 'suicide kit' consisting of a plastic hood with hose that is then hooked up to a rented helium tank. Death takes place in a matter of a few minutes. All kinds of trouble has followed this young mans decision to end his life.

There are new efforts to change the laws, making it a crime to sell equipment or assist in any way a suicide of a non sanctioned physician assisted suicide (PAS). They want to make it possible to extradite and charge company officials who make such suicide equipment available to the general public.

Trouble is with the current physician assisted suicide law is it takes so long to get approved that the person is left to suffer to the very bitter end in some cases rendering the law for PAS mostly useless.

People should be able to make their own choice about what is considered grounds for suicide with assistance.
                            Depression is a disease and if often treatable. I hate to think of a life ending because serotonin or some other chemical was out of balance. If any of you are depressed out there, please summon the strength to seek help.
                            Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

My point is simple If this is not Depression related .

If a individual of legal age is sound in mind and has a terminal condition
                              If they chose to stop their suffering and be at peace then let it be so

All to many times politics get involved and activists who are all healthy and dandy but do not have a darn clue about what pain , suffering , terminal conditions are
                              These lobbyists and activists against this medical necessity seem to think they are above the sick person...Excuse my french but who the hell are these politician and lobbyists and religious know it all's
                              They dont rule my world Sorry I am like a Ox I am me and have my reasons why I feel so strongly on this .

Then we got Religious people saying that we wont go to heaven etc.... They start their Anti Campaighns
                              Frankly here is what I think about them they can put their opinions and ideals , views in the ol can ...

Too many chefs in the kitchen trying
                              to cook one meal
                              Let a dying , sick , terminally ill individual do what they want and if that person wants to resort to euthenasia then let it be so .
                              No one knows what it is like to be in another persons shoes .

Sometimes there is no last resort but to just rest in peace which is imop better than suffering .

Lobbyists , politicians just urk me I've been down this road before so I know that it is possible ...
                              Last edited by GL; 04-22-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X