British Columbia Eagles about to hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Columbia Eagles about to hatch

It's that time of year again. The Eagle cams are being monitored for hatchlings. Enjoy:

http://www.hancockwildlife.org/index...toria1#closeup

my wife a daughter have been watching for a few days, very cool.

Comment

One egg stolen, one egg hatched

Solo is the chick's name. A raven stole the second egg:

Comment

brutal

Comment

oh! I lost track of the eagle cam!

Comment

I thought they had three eggs this year and last year was the year the raven stole the second egg and the remaining one was named Solo?
            A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

One of the eagle hatchlings is caught in fishing line. It should be leaving the nest soon, but is caught. The camera is smeared from eagle feces. Here is a news feature on it:

Comment

Our local eagles nest was just emptied by rescue workers because the female adult was killed by a plane from the airport next to their home. They (or some) had lived there, in the Botanical Gardens, for years. We went to see them often.
                Last edited by Oddity; 05-19-2011, 05:57 AM. Reason: Clarity
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

On the weekend I was at the community garden and suddenly there was an explosion of crow noise as they circled a hemlock tree. Then an eagle flew out of the tree with a crow chick in its beak . It took some fancy flying to get away but the eagle won

Comment

Working...
                  X