No announcement yet.

Still no raise for Social Security 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason that consumer prices are "down" is because they use the housing market as a large part of the CPI, rather than the things we actually have to buy every month. Groceries and gas are definitely up!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

yep, my 83 year old mom is on SS, her bills keep going up but the SS hasn't kept up
      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
      Ronald Reagan

Comment

they cut 6 bucks off mine.

Comment

I spent my whole life working. First half at home raising three kids and had to give it up when one paycheck would'n do it anymore. Two paychecks and we still could'nt afford a savings account.....we figured, ok, when they're grown and gone, we can save then. What a joke! Seems like one kid or another always needed a hand with something. Finally, we get this place in Tennessee for retirement and figure, now we can save too! Then, SCI decided to rear it's ugly head. Lost everything but the place in Tennessee....no retirement, no savings, no job and can't get one.......what do I do now? Jim is just barely holding onto a job that gets harder everyday with his arthritis, and on the other hand worries that the business will completely fold from lack of work before he gets his last year in. We barely make it, and it will be the same, or worse, when he starts collecting SS. He'll get medicare this year and I have to figure out how to pay an additional 151 out of our crappy budget to pay for the advantage plan. It's a joke! I'm getting the best policies available, and it's gotten so bad the last two years, you can't afford to get any testing done.

That they have figured out a way to take back the tiny raise we'll get does not surprise me at all. The only way they would care is if they had to live on the same kind of money. Ever heard of a poor congressman? I've got no use for any of them.

Comment

no one else got money taken out? I have been getting 666 for ten years, but recently it went to 660=S

Comment

Fur the Birds they wont give increases

Move on a island like Tom Hanks in Castaway
              Get a best friend named wilson that is made of leather and holds air Voit will work in a pinch .
              People dont flush ya toilets
              Try to wash your dishes in a horse water trauft

Save electric use pedal generators like on Soylent Green

Toilet paper use leaves
              Washing clothes is a thing of the past just go to the fire house and as they rinse off the trucks off I roll there and hold piece by piece plus get a free bath in the process lol
              Hooked up ol Betsy my mule to my KIA Sportage and put the truck in neutral it saves gas as I havent started it in 5 yrs

I knew we could beat this Defecit it just seems so crappy ....

Disclaimer Do not take this serious unless you have excess Gas to pass and a empty stomach

Save gas Fart in a jar ...

Comment

you have a mule?

I want a mule.

Comment

Originally posted by GL View Post
                  Move on a island like Tom Hanks in Castaway
                  Get a best friend named wilson that is made of leather and holds air Voit will work in a pinch .
                  People dont flush ya toilets
                  Try to wash your dishes in a horse water trauft

Save electric use pedal generators like on Soylent Green

Toilet paper use leaves
                  Washing clothes is a thing of the past just go to the fire house and as they rinse off the trucks off I roll there and hold piece by piece plus get a free bath in the process lol
                  This is actually a great idea. Instead of leaves however I think its more beneficial to use a furry animal, possibly one that doesn't bite like a squirrel. what is your take on that?

Comment

Same topic.
                    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

OK, So I said it before I think if I had to be disabled, I am lucky to be a disabled person in Australia, you have it far far far harder than I as an AUSTRALIAN DISABLED PERSON DOES.

Comment

Yes Jody it has rotten teeth ....
                        Old age and is very stubborn ... my neighbor is using Ol Bessie
                        I'll get Bess back in a week
                        I stick a ol fishing pole in front of bess with a carrot tied to the line and I make it 25 miles south in 5 hours pulling the ol sportage .

Comment

Re SS cuts and how to cope. Just read last night that medieval castle dwellers used hay to wipe their butts. If it is good enough for castle dwellers, sci's should be able to make do.

You must understand the important contribution you are making w your SS cut. Our esteemed politicians keep taking our payroll taxes for SS and spending them like general revenues. The balance books look better if they can shave off some of our SS payments while they continue to misappropriate the money. Better yet will be the cuts to SS to come. Althoiugh SS is not part of the deficit they will likely increase age of eligibility and other factors to reduce actual payments made. Again, this will have the function of allowing the balance books look better as they will continue to tax (payroll taxes) at the same rate while paying out lesser amounts. The SS situation is a great deal as it allows pols access to a lot of revenues to spend for foreign wars and tax cuts for the wealthy while still claiming that poorer people and middle class don't contributer much in (income) taxes.

Comment

You're not alone Jody. My Part B went up about $30 a month. What a coincidence too. Same time that my husband retired. Back to clipping the coupons in the Sunday paper.
                            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Working...
                            X