Alice.com: Great website for household essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alice.com: Great website for household essentials

Recently when shopping for a hard-to-find household product, I discovered a new website (for me, anyway) called Alice.com. They have virtually all of the household products I use at prices that in almost all instances beat the local retailers in my neighborhood and shipping is free! I've already placed two orders and my experience so far has been great. Items were all expertly packed and shipped very promptly.

I think this service is particularly valuable for anyone who doesn't enjoy, or physically cannot, schlep large shopping bags full of heavy or bulky products like laundry soap. That would be me and probably everyone else here as well. Why not just have it all shipped directly to my front door?

Alice has a refer-a-friend program and they will credit your account $10 for joining using this link, after you've spent $50, which won't take long.

And yes, they will credit my account as well, so it's a win-win-win: me-you-Alice.
    Last edited by stephen212; 28 Feb 2011, 6:18 PM.
    stephen@bike-on.com

I can second this. I use Alice all the time. It totally rocks.

Comment

I just signed up (wonder how this will compare to Amazon) and their prices look pretty darn good!
      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
      --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
      ––Paul Nussbaum
      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PN View Post
        I just signed up (wonder how this will compare to Amazon) and their prices look pretty darn good!
        One immediate difference is that Alice.com ships from one location, whereas Amazon relies on secondary merchants, who typically don't offer free shipping. I can also add that Alice's customer service is outstanding. They respond to emails quickly and courteously. They also have a live chat feature for even more immediate questions/concerns.

If this company ever goes public, I'll be buying stock. I predict they will become a household name (in household essentials ).
        stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
          One immediate difference is that Alice.com ships from one location, whereas Amazon relies on secondary merchants, who typically don't offer free shipping. I can also add that Alice's customer service is outstanding. They respond to emails quickly and courteously. They also have a live chat feature for even more immediate questions/concerns.

If this company ever goes public, I'll be buying stock. I predict they will become a household name (in household essentials ).
          I do like the free shipping. Good customer service is "key" IMO. You may be right about buying stock if this company goes public.
          The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
          --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
          ––Paul Nussbaum
          usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

I posted about this some time ago, we have been using it. You do really have to pay attention to the size of the item you are purchasing though. For instance, shampoo and conditioner or laundry soap, there are several different sizes listed so be careful may be a better buy paying more for the larger size, they also have your favorites list and send you email reminders when you may need certain items.

Comment

Update: Still a big fan of Alice.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

You're a girl.
                Update: Still a big fan of Alice.
                Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                  You're a girl.
                  That's a bit condescending, Bobby. I'm a woman.
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I've used Alice.com before, top rate!
                    That's a bit condescending, Bobby. I'm a woman.
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X