Your OWN Show on Oprah Winfrey's Cable Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your OWN Show on Oprah Winfrey's Cable Show

Has anyone been watching this show? It's a reality show & the winner will have their own tv show on Oprah's cable channel "OWN". The finals are next week. Down to 2 contestants & one of them Zach is a quad. He will have a travel show if he wins. The other one will have a cook show. He's real funny! Here's a link to his interview this week. Plus you can see video's of his past performance. Show not so great. But he's a winner!

http://www.oprah.com/own-your-own-sh...he-Press-Video

In Episode 7 of Your OWN Show, the remaining contestants have to meet the press one-on-one for interviews. Watch as Zach gets surprised by one final reporter and see how he turns the tables!
    sigpic

Thanks for posting this Mona. He is quite a guy, and did great with his interview.

Comment

y/w I agree.
      sigpic

Comment

Mona, my caregiver watches this show and loves Zac. We dont get the OWN channel at home.
        C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

Comment

I like Zach too. I believe he has cerebral palsy rather than quadreplegia.

Comment

I soooo hope Zach wins. He is the breath of fresh air that we need on TV. Going right back to his audition, people have been pulling for him. Notice the smile on everyone's faces whenever he is "on". Here are just some of the things that I've noticed people saying:
            John Mayer "I wanna see your show."
            Carson Kressley "I want to give it up." In response to Zack's Daisy Fuentes interview and his last line, "Daisy Fuentes, everyone. Give it up!"
            Team Vision "That was a great interview."
            Kevin Frazier -Entertain Tonight "He is intelligent, articulate, inspirational and I want to see his show."

Comment

Originally posted by loreo View Post
              I soooo hope Zach wins. He is the breath of fresh air that we need on TV. Going right back to his audition, people have been pulling for him. Notice the smile on everyone's faces whenever he is "on". Here are just some of the things that I've noticed people saying:
              John Mayer "I wanna see your show."
              Carson Kressley "I want to give it up." In response to Zack's Daisy Fuentes interview and his last line, "Daisy Fuentes, everyone. Give it up!"
              Team Vision "That was a great interview."
              Kevin Frazier -Entertain Tonight "He is intelligent, articulate, inspirational and I want to see his show."
              I totally agree! He certainly beats the girl with the cooking show he's against!
              sigpic

Comment

Zach's getting his own travel show on OWN!!! I can't wait to watch it!
                I was getting upset because when he made his show's pilot they showed him coughing & exhausted. Started saying they didn't think he had the stamina it will take for your own show. As if him being in a chair he was weak. But in the end Oprah decided he could do it. Whatever~
                She actually gave both of the last 2 contestants a show. She already has 2 cooking shows. I doubt I'll watch this one.
                But I'm gonna watch Zach! Yeah!
                sigpic

Comment

I ditched cable TV a few months ago and now there's finally something I want to watch on it?! I hope I'll be able to watch Zach's show on the Internet somehow. This is pretty awesome.
                  NYC Disability Forum (@DisabledNYC on Twitter)

Comment

I can't wait to check it out! Traveling is one thing i hope to do much more of and hopefully he can provide the motivation i need to get out there!
                    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                    -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

Yeah I think he'll make it funny & interesting. So glad he's getting his own show!
                      sigpic

Comment

Fantastic! Yeah Zach! I do think Oprah's concern was legitimate (as opposed to prejudging disability) because of the tail end of the day when Zach was sick and had low energy - and his crew was worried about his performance. But, he ultimately did a great job which demonstrated that he does have the stamina to succeed - which is why he was awarded the show.

I love Oprah's critique too - Zach is about so much more than laughs. I hope he brings some of his softer, people-connection side to the show. He probably will, when he has more than 3 1/2 minutes.

I'm so happy for him. Can't wait to see the show.

Comment

Fantastic! Yeah Zach! I do think Oprah's concern was legitimate (as opposed to prejudging disability) because of the tail end of the day when Zach was sick and had low energy - and his crew was worried about his performance. But, he ultimately did a great job which demonstrated that he does have the stamina to succeed - which is why he was awarded the show.

I love Oprah's critique too - Zach is about so much more than laughs. I hope he brings some of his softer, people-connection side to the show. He probably will, when he has more than 3 1/2 minutes.

I'm so happy for him. Can't wait to see the show.

I might have been looking at it wrong. I was thinking it was scripted for him to act sick, weak to add to the show. Because he didn't really look that sick to me. I was getting upset that they would script someone in a chair to be weaker. Like just because you know they are. kwim?
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't think any of the show was scripted. I think that in editing they can make things appear a certain way, but Zack did speak to his cold in his solo camera talk, and in answering the question in which he said that it was really physically demanding. You may be right, but I hate to think that Oprah, who seems to pride her network on authenticity (i.e. wishing Kristina had acknowledged she knew her friend), would allow misrepresentation.

Maybe I'm being too generous, but I don't think the question about Zach's health was present at all - for anyone, until he went low energy.

Ultimately, Zach proved himself as deserving. I think it'll be a big hit. I'll be watching.

If you like him, you should check out The Wingmen on Youtube.

Comment

I don't think any of the show was scripted. I think that in editing they can make things appear a certain way, but Zack did speak to his cold in his solo camera talk, and in answering the question in which he said that it was really physically demanding. You may be right, but I hate to think that Oprah, who seems to pride her network on authenticity (i.e. wishing Kristina had acknowledged she knew her friend), would allow misrepresentation.

Maybe I'm being too generous, but I don't think the question about Zach's health was present at all - for anyone, until he went low energy.

Ultimately, Zach proved himself as deserving. I think it'll be a big hit. I'll be watching.

If you like him, you should check out The Wingmen on Youtube.

I think reality shows are scripted too. Just me and I certainly can be wrong. Thanks I'll ck it out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X