Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quite proud of myself, thank you very much! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    You are being very reasonable. There are real risks involved in being carried up stairs for both you and your carriers. It is a damned shame people are still so unaware that they have to be asked. Some things have not changed much since the 1950s, that is, people's heads.
    so true! i am proud u stood up this time and asked for accommodation
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

You are awesome.
      Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Go Shannon!!!
        T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Comment

Way to roll, Shannon!

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

You should be proud of yourself.
                I have always loved your avatar. That running dog is having sheer dog joy.

Comment

Coming in late - very well done!

Comment

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot
                    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Comment

In my opinion you did what i would do and i think if we all stood like that people would realise more that when the sun shines up, it does for everyone. It´s a matter of equal rights anyway.
                      Keep on and thanks.

Comment

Woot woot !! Good on you Shannon !

Bill has been a town councillor for quite a few years now and has to attend committe meetings on a regular basis. Most of the time the poeple on the comittee want to take turns having the meeting in their home - but Bill has (nearly) everyone conditioned finally to think first if its accessible for not just him but for everyone and they usually end up using the town office. It takes time - sort of a paradigm shift - but it can happen ! People just need to be reminded - some of us got problems

Obieone
                        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                        Jane Siberry

Comment

Goes directly to the sort of things Amy(zilla) was saying in her post about isolation. sci sucks donkey dick.

Comment

With all the planning and logistics involved in our lifes it's a wonder that there isn't more people in chairs in that feel. I would be but I don't have the spatial sense that one needs when planning.

Comment

That is great ...... I am glad they are changing it. And as sad as it is Keps, I bet most of the people never thought about it.
                              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
                                That is great ...... I am glad they are changing it. And as sad as it is Keps, I bet most of the people never thought about it.
                                I know you're right, it just frustrates me!
                                Although, if I'm brutally honest, if I'd been in the (ab) neighbours' position, maybe I'd have been thoughtless too.

Comment

Working...
                                X