This is the worst case of cabin fever since my hospitalization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the worst case of cabin fever since my hospitalization

I haven't left the house since Dec. 24. We had a big blizzard (14 inches) Dec. 26, with another 8 inches a week later and 14 more inches Jan. 12.

And it only gets to 25 F during the day, so I don't even want to go out.

I probably should make a list of indoor projects and get them done before the temps warm up. But in the meantime, it's like prison.

Is anyone else feeling this kind of isolation?

25F is a heat wave! i have definitely felt that when winter storms hit in winters past. especially when u have tons of snow, lots of wind and the temps dip down to -20 or lower.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

We are having some serious cabin fever. Dave had a quick trip to the doctor almost 2 weeks ago. Was the Thursday before Xmas before that to Bennegin's.
      I went and got a haircut and a couple errands when my daughter stayed with him one day.
      The cold air tough on his lungs. I'm getting where I don't want to go out because I am starting to feel subhuman.
      I've spent waaaaaaaaay too much time on the computer.
      This is our second winter at the end of a dead end street. I did not realize before how much we watched people walk dogs, drive by and neighbor kids play before.

Comment

Oh yes and yes some more ! We could write the book on cabin fever in our house - and I like you Linda spend entirely too much time on this devil machine . How about a polar bear swim to break the monotony -

I at least get out to work and take care of the usual ADL type stuff that needs doing - but I can not believe how much snow we have - it's insane - makes me worry about a very wet spring ahead !!

On the up side having lots of time on the 'puter allows me to find things like this -

http://www.burningman.com/ Anyone ever been ???????

Obie
        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
        Jane Siberry

Comment

You gotta get out, no matter what everyday except during the blizzard. Try skiing........makes winter fly
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
            You gotta get out, no matter what everyday except during the blizzard. Try skiing........makes winter fly
            I can't get Dave's chair through the snow, much less take him skiing.
            There are 3 other people other than myself that can stay with him.
            One is an aide and the other 2 have FT jobs.
            I'm glad for the people that are able to enjoy winter.

Comment

Cabin fever......I've been having that since last summer...when it was too hot to go out. Now I can't get out because of snow. I'm lucky to be able to get to the car, let alone ski, and that's if I could afford it! I live eight miles from the ski slopes, so I would'nt even have a trip involved.

I know what you're talking about Uncle Peter, and it's hard sometimes to keep motivated and busy. I try to read some, I'm able to sew and try to keep a project going. Right now I have'nt started anything new....made a lot of pj bottoms for the kids for Christmas. I need to figure out something........before I start getting too bad. I guess you just have to try and keep as busy as you can. I'm lucky I have a couple of good friends I keep in contact with most days too. Good luck and stay busy!

Comment

Tiff Carlson, CareCure's Theophania, says in her blog that if you can't beat the snow, hibernate and accomplish indoor tasks. So, it's time to write that novel or rearrange my files.

http://blog.easystand.com/2011/01/wh...yStand+Blog%29

Comment

I have been inside since before Christmas too. Makes me crazy. It is me and the cats but two days ago they cleaned the street for snow and now it has been snowing for 2 days. Maybe it is possible to drive on Monday if they clean the road again.

I call like crazy, I talk with a girlfriend for four hours yesterday, I don't care about the phone bill. I need to talk to somebody. Well, I have been to the doctor and took a taxi from door to door.
                  TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Everytime I think I'm going to go shovel my car out, it starts snowing again!

I'm going to try again tomorrow ... but the forecast is calling for flurries. I'm out of bread and orange juice here! lol

Calling for rain on Tuesday and 4°C .. what weather!
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

OOOOHhh Cabin Fever
                      Drives me nut's
                      I am a lady who does not like being cooped up

The other day I was so bored with Cabin Fever I went outside and caught a head cold just to forget about being stuck inside lol

Tomorrow I'll go fill up my old van and try to make the Big Escape lmao

Comment

Can empathsize

Last year when we got 6 ft of snow in two days, I made my bf dig out the car and drive me 2 blocks to the Safeway, although he had just gone a few hours before to load up on stuff.

LOL, just the freedom to even wander up and down the aisles of Safeway was such a relief....

Hang in there.

Comment

I was ready to leave the house, then the big ice storm came this week. So it's no sunshine, no outdoor air since Dec. 24. My first trip might have to be in the local dial-a-ride van because I might be too out of shape to transfer into my car.

Comment

If I didn't have a power chair or live in the country I'd go nuts. As it stands, I go to the clinic 3x a week to get my elbow done (still going...). It's a 20 minute chair ride and if it's -20f, I'll go there and back. 0 to -10 is fine though.

This morning my nurse called, 'Are you sure you want to come in today?'

'Hell yeah, 8 inches of fresh powder!'

I gotta say it was a bit rough though. People were too eager to help me through the snow banks. How many times do I have to say, 'It's ok buddy, I got this.' As long as I'm properly dressed, it's fun. It's important for me to get out at least once a day. Once a bike messenger, always a bike messenger.

It makes it more fun when you take the day off to devour a season of Sons of Anarchy, or play GT5 all day.
                            www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                              Oh yes and yes some more ! We could write the book on cabin fever in our house - and I like you Linda spend entirely too much time on this devil machine . How about a polar bear swim to break the monotony -

I at least get out to work and take care of the usual ADL type stuff that needs doing - but I can not believe how much snow we have - it's insane - makes me worry about a very wet spring ahead !!

On the up side having lots of time on the 'puter allows me to find things like this -

http://www.burningman.com/ Anyone ever been ???????

Obie
                              Hi Obie...I so had the chance to go to burning man a few years ago, but turned down the offer with "another time" Wish I woulda went then with those friends, as we have lost touch over the years and nowI am in a chair -although I think with some training, I could attend. Have you been?

BTW...love the monotony sign...it just keeps going over and over and over...LOL
                              The cabin fever is worse this year than the past. Hopefully since Phil said an early spring, we will indeed have one!

dougie

Comment

Working...
                              X