No announcement yet.

the good, the bad, the sh$tty: a weekend in review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would an incident like this be handled if you (or any of us) were flying solo on a commercial airliner from the USA to China or Australia? Isn't the jet in the air non-stop for ~14 hours?

I just can't imagine how embarrassed I'd be. If I could get the door open I think I'd jump out over the Pacific Ocean!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
      How would an incident like this be handled if you (or any of us) were flying solo on a commercial airliner from the USA to China or Australia? Isn't the jet in the air non-stop for ~14 hours?

I just can't imagine how embarrassed I'd be. If I could get the door open I think I'd jump out over the Pacific Ocean!

Bob.
      The ocean might toss you back at the plane!

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
        The ocean might toss you back at the plane!
        The sharks would spit me out saying ewwwwww.
        "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark View Post

Bob.
          I've had this happen when I went to china. The flight. Attendants hated me but u know I got clean! Carry baby wipes and a change of clothes and immodium and just be good at cleaning in tight spaces. Those planes have bigger bathrooms and an aisle chair on the plane
          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
          http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
            I've had this happen when I went to china. The flight. Attendants hated me but u know I got clean! Carry baby wipes and a change of clothes and immodium and just be good at cleaning in tight spaces. Those planes have bigger bathrooms and an aisle chair on the plane
            I'm not a jet-setter but I fly enough to say that this is one of my biggest fears about flying. Thank god it hasn't happened but now that I've written about it here it'll probably happen the next time I'm in the air. I'm glad you were able to get cleaned up that would be so bunk if you had to stay dirty thru out the flight.
            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
              I'm not a jet-setter but I fly enough to say that this is one of my biggest fears about flying. Thank god it hasn't happened but now that I've written about it here it'll probably happen the next time I'm in the air. I'm glad you were able to get cleaned up that would be so bunk if you had to stay dirty thru out the flight.
              That's my biggest fear too! Sometimes I end up getting AD when I "need to go".
              Renee

Comment

shit happens

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                  i've never had it happen on a domestic flight cuz i always do mag citrate the day before and then i fast til i get to my destination. only liquids til 2hrs before the flight. the 2x it happened going to china i mistakenly ate the inflight food(tho tasty) and going home i had a century egg. oops.

Comment

In the end, you've just gotta laugh. We all do.

I'm freaked about driving long unknown distances by myself & you just can't trust the wonderful GPS...but YOU did it!

Comment

Geeze now ya all got me nervous next time I fly. I've been flying now for 30 years since my SCI and never had anything like this happen, but I guess it's possible. Anyhow, Crypticgimp, sounds like you handled things well and made it through things with flying colors, good for you.
                      "Life is about how you
                      respond to not only the
                      challenges you're dealt but
                      the challenges you seek...If
                      you have no goals, no
                      mountains to climb, your
                      soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                        Geeze now ya all got me nervous next time I fly. I've been flying now for 30 years since my SCI and never had anything like this happen, but I guess it's possible. Anyhow, Crypticgimp, sounds like you handled things well and made it through things with flying colors, good for you.
                        that flying color would be brown

Comment

Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
                          that flying color would be brown
                          Ya, I was kinda thinking that when I said that but did not want to say it, lol. I also was gonna say your a real pooper, errrrr, I mean trooper, lol, haha.
                          "Life is about how you
                          respond to not only the
                          challenges you're dealt but
                          the challenges you seek...If
                          you have no goals, no
                          mountains to climb, your
                          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                            Ya, I was kinda thinking that when I said that but did not want to say it, lol. I also was gonna say your a real pooper, errrrr, I mean trooper, lol, haha.
                            i'm a champ at shitting lol

Comment

Lessee....

We cannonballed down the highway.....hung out with coolest friends, did crazy stuff, partied till we shit ourselves, straightened up, then cruised it back home....That girl, is an awesome weekend! You did great, and sure hope you have more adventures planned.

Comment

high five!
                                My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X