News Article about Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Article about Accident

An online friend published this article about my husband's accident in her local newspaper. I think she did an awesome job with it, and it feels so good to finally have this out there! Just wanted to share...

http://www.nj.com/parenting/guest_bl...sponsibil.html
    --Jodi--
    www.clausingfamily.com
    www.facebook.com/ryanclausing

Thanks for sharing this! William

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

She did a superb job writing the article, which is painful to read. I am so sorry this selfish and self-centered troll could cause such pain, and only hope there is something to the idea of karma.

Comment

im just like u buddy. we are lucky we have loving families.........

Comment

That is a great article Jodi! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

A well written article. Was it in your local newspaper, or just the author's?

Comment

I read it and then backtracked through your website quite extensively. What an amazing journey. Good luck to you all.
              Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

Thanks everyone It feels so good to us to finally have a voice about all this.

Two local medias were contacted, but they have not shown an interest in covering our story. The time we contacted them was right after the drug test results got thrown out and we learned that the defense attorney and judge were friends....so we focused on the corruption of the court system and I'm thinking that the reporters may not have wanted to tackle that issue, I don't know. I think this article is perfect, though. I'm hoping it will be the first step for us in raising awareness....about any of the concerns we and others now know we face. Even if nothing ends up coming from it, like I said...it just feels so good to finally feel like our upset and frustrations are being heard.
                --Jodi--
                www.clausingfamily.com

Comment

Wow Jodi, That writer did an excellent job.
                  Sadly, I can almost hear that girl stomping her foot and saying "It's not fair, it's not my fault, can't they leave me alone?"
                  Grrrr.
                  It will be interesting to hear if the story gets any attention locally.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
                    Wow Jodi, That writer did an excellent job.
                    Sadly, I can almost hear that girl stomping her foot and saying "It's not fair, it's not my fault, can't they leave me alone?"
                    Grrrr.
                    It will be interesting to hear if the story gets any attention locally.
                    Yeah, well, in case you didn't see......awhile back I posted a bunch of her myspace and facebook statuses in our caringbridge journal - about her partying, drugs, alcohol, etc. Shortly after that her myspace status thing read ā€œGET A LIFE & GET OFF MY MYSEPACE/FACEBOOK. KTHANKS! Mood: Accomplished :-Dā€

My response to that in the journal was...."Gee, I wonder why I don't have a LIFE anymore"
                    --Jodi--
                    www.clausingfamily.com

Comment

Ryan was contacted by someone from Fox 41 News this morning and they want to do his story!
                      --Jodi--
                      www.clausingfamily.com

Comment

Originally posted by ryanswife View Post
                        ryan was contacted by someone from fox 41 news this morning and they want to do his story!
                        yes!!!!!!

Comment

That's great!!!!

Comment

Riveting, tragic, yet all too familiar story.

Interesting that the girl's insurance co. accepted 100% liability. Was it because of the presence of the marijuana automatically assigning responsibility, as DUI?
                            Did it change once the substance charge was dropped?
                            Either way, it's sad to see how some people live with such self-centered views.
                            My best wishes to you and your family.

Comment

Jodi, What would you like to come out of this?

Comment

Working...
                              X