Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Have Any Positive New Year's Resolutions/Goals For 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Thanks Mary and Ancientgimp, yes I think I'd better take a break. What happened was I decied to not base my preferences at all on looks or physical attraction for my dates since I did'nt seem to be having much luck trying to date only woman I was attracted too. So the last couple of dates I went out with woman I found very unappealing from a looks perspective and it turned out that both their personalities were the absolute worst out of any woman I've ever dated, the experiment was a complete failure. I guess I just figured since they were unattractive they might be really nice people, nope they were both complete bitches. So ya, I'm going to take a long term break from dating, try and loose a few pounds myself, maybe get a face job done and then get back into the dating world and go for the complete package, no more trying to settle, it does not work.
    curt, lol I hope ur kidding about the face job, good grief, these must have been really bad dates! Any how you learned something, bitches come in all forms, so it was not a complete waste. Get back out when your ready.

Comment

Thanks Mary and Ancientgimp, yes I think I'd better take a break. What happened was I decied to not base my preferences at all on looks or physical attraction for my dates since I did'nt seem to be having much luck trying to date only woman I was attracted too. So the last couple of dates I went out with woman I found very unappealing from a looks perspective and it turned out that both their personalities were the absolute worst out of any woman I've ever dated, the experiment was a complete failure. I guess I just figured since they were unattractive they might be really nice people, nope they were both complete bitches. So ya, I'm going to take a long term break from dating, try and loose a few pounds myself, maybe get a face job done and then get back into the dating world and go for the complete package, no more trying to settle, it does not work.
      Forget the face job, change your lifestyle to some extent as your current activities are not putting you in contact with the right women. Do a number of community things that interest you and involve working with other people. When you meet someone that looks like a prospect, ask them out for coffee. Good luck, Happy New Year.

Comment

Dating in 2011? At this point you should

Originally posted by ancientgimp View Post
        Forget the face job, change your lifestyle to some extent as your current activities are not putting you in contact with the right women. Do a number of community things that interest you and involve working with other people. When you meet someone that looks like a prospect, ask them out for coffee. Good luck, Happy New Year.
        be able to just buy a partner. These emotional transactions in life are truly overrated, I'd just make it a business transaction. It seems safer that way anyhow. Why risk your emotional well-being to someone that may just end up damaging you more? These days it seems like the hopeless romantic thing exists only in Jennifer Aniston movies.

This will certainly earn me a target on my back.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
          be able to just buy a partner. These emotional transactions in life are truly overrated, I'd just make it a business transaction. It seems safer that way anyhow. Why risk your emotional well-being to someone that may just end up damaging you more? These days it seems like the hopeless romantic thing exists only in Jennifer Aniston movies.

This will certainly earn me a target on my back.
          You may be right, but I guess it just does take time and sincerity to earn ones respect. A woman I was dating last summer just sent me a real nice card, I thought she had no feelings for me, but maybe she does. I dunno, I guess everything happens for a reason. I went to a Lutheran church where I live in Venice and really liked it, she is a strong Lutheran, it's weird how I just ended up at that church one nice sunny Sunday.

Anyhow, did'nt mean to get off track in this thread. This new year I'm definatly loosing a few pounds, going to become a better tennis player and sailor and start going to the drag races more with my Pontiac G8GT, one life to live, gotta live it up.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

You may be right, but I guess it just does take time and sincerity to earn ones respect. A woman I was dating last summer just sent me a real nice card, I thought she had no feelings for me, but maybe she does. I dunno, I guess everything happens for a reason. I went to a Lutheran church where I live in Venice and really liked it, she is a strong Lutheran, it's weird how I just ended up at that church one nice sunny Sunday.

Anyhow, did'nt mean to get off track in this thread. This new year I'm definatly loosing a few pounds, going to become a better tennis player and sailor and start going to the drag races more with my Pontiac G8GT, one life to live, gotta live it up.
            that's the spirit Curt

Comment

I'd like to start living one day digital-free per week - no computer, no Blackberry, no tv or ipod. That's my resolution. I was almost successful with it on Christmas Day.
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                I'd like to start living one day digital-free per week - no computer, no Blackberry, no tv or ipod. That's my resolution. I was almost successful with it on Christmas Day.
                What a great idea! I don't know how long I could keep it going, but it's worth a try.

Don
                Don - Grad Student Emeritus
                T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

Sounds like everyone has some really interesting, great goals for the New Year. Good luck to all. Good riddance to 2010, as far as i'm concerned. 2011, Bring It On!

Comment

And one more that I've been thinking about since last year:

I need to get back in shape ... for the sole purpose that I want to try sit skiing. It looks like fun. Never had such things 25yrs ago - you guys are spoiled by your choices in recreation! lol
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

1. Start over. (Is it too late?)
                      2. Make 2011 much better than 2010.

Every factor in my life is in transition...I guess I resolve to live like I'd eat an elephant, 1 bite at a time.
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Finish my book.

Comment

I have 2 major ones...

1. Have more patience and restraint with people in the heat of the moment.

2. Wash my makeup off every night, I'm so bad about this!
                          Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
                          -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

My new years resolution is to become more active on this website and meet more people who know what the hell I am talkin about!! My friends and parents are great, but I think they sometimes, just don't want to listen anymore...which is fine by me. LOL

So my name is Doug...you can call me dougie, doug or diddlin...
                            I will be 40 this June and really not looking forward to it. BUT I still can pass for 29, unless I am being lied to (which is prolly the case, but again, fine with me)
                            I worked in Washington DC conducting pubic opinion polls around the world. Am finishing my masters in sociology and would like to attend the Uof Maryland for Statistical design or Concepts on Public research methods. But for now, I am getting used to this chair and trying to mend a huge sore on my butt -almost going on 3 years to heal. It was HUGE and they operated and took my ass away along with most of my tailbone too! Had a woundvac then that did not work, so we now use a very simple wet to dry dressing and I try to get off of it as I can and still be functional. It was 13cm x 12cm...8cm depth and numerous tunnels and recessed areas. NOW -3cm x 2.5cm 2 cm depth and about a cm of recessed on the sides. I have decided not to have the flap procedure at this time because of issues with healing. I live with my parents now in OHIO -my Mom works and my Dad has progressive dementia. The house is pretty much a zoo...lol. And the best thing is, my best friend from when I lived here before gets paid to help me take care of myself.

Well, i just wrote a little bit about me to introduce me around the block. Thanks for taking the time to make me feel welcomed!!!

Comment

Visit cass and birdy and faron in august this year.

Comment

Try new foods. (Golden Corral's Salad buffet next week. *gulp*)

Spend a few minutes each morning thinking about the things I'm grateful for.

Reconnect with those I have lost touch with.
                                ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Working...
                                X