Handicap parking awareness video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handicap parking awareness video.

Hi guys. Sorry I haven't been a good member lately, let alone moderator... I'll post later about the last 6 months which have been crazy. Anyways... I just finished translating this video released by the association I volunteer for. It's gone hugely viral here in Quebec... the French version has had over 100,000 views in less than a week. So pass it around to your friends!

As a great robot once said, 'I'll be back.'

www.worldonwheels.ca

This is profoundly sad. Thank you for translating it. I hope those who abuse the disabled parking areas see it and realize the error of their ways as well as the danger they put disabled folks in.

Comment

I think the internet link to this should be printed on a sticker and plastered on the window of handicapped parking offenders. Maybe, out of curiosity, they would check out the link and watch the video. (Sadly, probably not!)

GJ

Comment

We will never get everyone to understand and respect the minimum.
        I have problems at least once a week.
        Do you think i am still polite and forgetfull as i used to be to those people?
        If they dont learn the easy way, they´ll learn the hard way.
        And i dont hesitate to punch one in the throat if any tries to touch me.
        Used to find this sad. Now makes me explode.

Comment

c'est tres bon! this is something i have wanted to do for my campus so i forwarded it to the head of parking and transportation
          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
          http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

The "danger" aspect is something I never thought of and is an interesting and valid point.

Well done.

Comment

Very good.

So often we feel powerless to do much of anything to change the world, but a well made video about HC parking that went viral would cost nothing but time and effort and would have a real effect.

Lets make some more videos. I might try to make one myself.

Comment

Wow, the end really got me!

Comment

let's do a Hc stall video too.

Comment

Wow, Chris, that was really powerful, although the end shocked the hell out of me. I came very close to a similar thing happening more than once...

Comment

I must say, I too forget that I can not easily be seen in the chair. Excellent video! I have been cursed at for pointing out that someone was not entitled to park in a handicapped spot.

Comment

Very good PSA! Powerful ending!
                        A+ + + + +
                        The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                        ––Paul Nussbaum
                        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyCrip View Post
                          The "danger" aspect is something I never thought of and is an interesting and valid point.

Well done.
                          that was a primary reason for close hc parking by activists in the u.s. yrs ago. ppl forget.

Comment

The end really shocked me, I expected it but then thought it wouldn't happen. I've put this on my Facebook!

Comment

I too posted this on facebook. People just dont understand.

I am proud to say that my Grandpa didnt abuse his card when my Grandma was ill. He never parked in a handicap spot unless my Grandma was in the car. We went to the store together and I asked him why he parked at the end and he said he didnt need it and someone else might. He taught me to respect the handicap spaces. I hold such admiration for him now that my husband needs those spaces.

Comment

Working...
                              X