How's the Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
    It is -14 right now. I just took the garbage out to the street and it is BITTER.
    I envy you PN. I love my state, but the last 2 winters suck with my husband in a chair and breathing issues.
    You have my sympathies. I wish I could do more.

Back to the weather.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PN View Post
      You have my sympathies. I wish I could do more.

Back to the weather.
      I'm sorry, I worded that poorly and edited.
      Forgive me for straying off topic.
      It is fucking cold here.

Comment

Just to Cold

I got up this morning to let my Lab out to pee. He looked at me like as if to say, I will hold it thank you. 9 degrees in the sun, 6 in the shade. Wind chill is like 10 below. I love the feel of SCI in the morning.

Comment

20 degrees a couple of days ago...and then mid 50s yesterday...nice rollercoaster...no wonder I am always sick.
          "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

In the 80s here yesterday...set some records after having record cold only 2 weeks ago. Ya gotta love SoCal!

Today it will be in the high 70s on the coast, but should drop down into the 60s tomorrow.

(KLD)
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Winter sucks! And it has just begun

14+ inches of snow in 2 days and a wind from hell equals snow drift over 6ft tall. Front door is blocked in and the mailboxes are plowed in. I forgot how much I hate the cold, wind and snow. I wanna move south to warm weather.

plus temps are in teens and with wind chill it is below zero!

Comment

63 here in Denver today, 65 expected tomorrow. We've had .1" of precipitation so a little scary in terms of moisture but relatively nice given the time of year.

Onward & Upward,

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Chappell View Post
                  63 here in Denver today, 65 expected tomorrow. We've had .1" of precipitation so a little scary in terms of moisture but relatively nice given the time of year.

Onward & Upward,

Chris
                  Dave (and myself) were in Denver for rehab exactly 2 years ago.
                  We were told it was an unusually warm winter and loved it.
                  Having never lived anywhere but ND/MN it seemed a dream to be sitting outside dressed lightly in Feb.

Comment

-11°C but -22°C with the windchill .. and it's gusting up to 50kms out there!

I had to cancel my medical appointment in Toronto as police are shutting down sections of the highway between here and there (4hr drive). It will be Wednesday before I can get out to even begin digging out my car!

This is what I had to do before David came along .. talk about full circle! Better start feeling young and strong like my early twenties again to shovel snow - lol!
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/20...ice.6663501.jp

Wonder how the few members we have from Scotland are doing? (And I still have not dug my car out - not with a windchill of -17°C today).

£2,000,000,000 price of Scotland's ice age
                      Published Date: 17 December 2010
                      By MARTYN McLAUGHLIN and ANDREW WHITAKER

THE big freeze could end up costing the Scottish economy £2 billion by the end of the year, analysts have warned.
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

-6C and it have been snowing since yesterday. Not a street is cleaned, I haven't seen a snow plow this year at all. Impossible to get out of the door, I have the car in the basement but I don't feel safe driving with all the snow. The snow is coming slowly down, it is dark and a lot of people is out because they have to buy Christmas presants.
                        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                          -6C and it have been snowing since yesterday. Not a street is cleaned, I haven't seen a snow plow this year at all. Impossible to get out of the door, I have the car in the basement but I don't feel safe driving with all the snow. The snow is coming slowly down, it is dark and a lot of people is out because they have to buy Christmas presants.
                          The UK came to a halt today after heavy overnight snow, all airports closed, no trains running and only motorways passable - I hate Winter!

Comment

Today's high was forecast to barely get to 20F, both of my outdoor thermostats are around 26, and there's about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground.

The next two days have rain/snow in the forecast with highs in the mid 20s again. Not bad for late December in Iowa. As for our neighbors further north, have fun with all that snow.
                            C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

Comment

I'll send a bit your way Trainman!
                              We did not get hit as bad as southern MN, but have had colder temps.

Comment

Just crawled out of bed temperature is 52 f, had a drink of juice , see ya when this hell stops. May need to get to the fucking emergency. they are getting to know me.

Comment

Working...
                                X