Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
    Back in SF and its foggy.

What an awesome view. Am I seeing Alcatraz way off in the distance? I think of that could be the Transamerica building on the far left.
    Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
    yeah, i'll say. Looks sort of like a sci-fi move.
    Your observation prompted me to think of the movie The Book of Eli.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PN View Post
      What an awesome view. Am I seeing Alcatraz way off in the distance? I think of that could be the Transamerica building on the far left.

Your observation prompted me to think of the movie The Book of Eli.
      Yeah, our office has a great view of the SF bay. You can kinda see the golden gate bridge as well. Fog has lifted a little

Comment

It is -7 and supposed to be -16 tonight.
        There is a blizzard in southern MN, but not hitting us.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
          Glad you are missing what is described in the media as the monster storm. The pics I saw of Mpls. on the evening news were amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by LindaT View Post
            good god linda, -16??? geez, that's gotta be rough.

Comment

Expected low for tonight is -21, expected high tomorrow is -1. We got dumped on again with another 8" snow, high winds now. Winter in Mn. Gore, get your butt up here and we'll talk about global warming!

Comment

-9°C tonight but with windchill, -20°C .. and I'm out of milk and eggs dammit! It has Monday to clear up and then I'm headed to Toronto early Tuesday morning (8hrs in the car)
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

A chilly 75° today. Just sunshine.

Comment

gosh i can't even wrap my head around these negative temperature numbers, brrr... I think i'll zip it from now on about NY weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
                      A chilly 75° today. Just sunshine.
                      Now that I've seen your picture and your handsome face, young one, I would like to slap it about now! Kidding .. lol.

Those pictures of San Fran are amazing ... can't see the Golden Gate though. Am I missing it?
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                        Now that I've seen your picture and your handsome face, young one, I would like to slap it about now! Kidding .. lol.
                        Get in line.

Comment

global warming = global temp shifts. hence why florida is having a cold snap. personally i love those brisk negative temp days with no snow and sun. the world is very beautiful. but today we were in the 40s and now dropping into the 20s + snow so looks like black ice for tomorrow
                          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                          http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post

Those pictures of San Fran are amazing ... can't see the Golden Gate though. Am I missing it?
                            No, I could see it when I took it but it didn't come out too great in the picture. Damn camera phone.

Comment

I think we're in the mid-80s today in Southern California. I was talking to my good friend yesterday in Iowa. I know about the blizzard conditions in that part of our country. Keep in mind, we get fires, floods, riots, and earthquakes.

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                              --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                              ––Paul Nussbaum
                              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

It is -14 right now. I just took the garbage out to the street and it is BITTER.
                                I envy you PN. I love my state, but the last 2 winters suck for my husband in a chair and breathing issues.
                                Last edited by LindaT; 13 Dec 2010, 1:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X