No announcement yet.

How's the Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unusually warm day here today with a high of 62 and very, very dry. I think I saw a dew point of 12 F a day or two ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
      My brother's house in Randolph, NY. It is unusually cold in SC right now, but fortunately, none of that white stuff.

[ATTACH]38146[/ATTACH]
      That's about what it looks like here as well. Thankfully two days of sun has melted the slushy bits on the ground
      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
      http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

brrrrr, winter is here. It was down around 12F last night here, and hasn;t gotten out of the 20s in days.
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Sci 55. I know that area. My wife is from Clay just above Syracuse, New York. They received 54" of snow this week. We have about 8" just below Binghamton, New York but very cold this year. To have below Zero this time of the year is to early for anyone. At least we are not shoveling tons of snow. A Blessed Christmas holiday to all.
          Best Regards,
          Joe

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
            brrrrr, winter is here. It was down around 12F last night here, and hasn;t gotten out of the 20s in days.

Brrrrr is right!!!! stay warm!!

Comment

Colder than a hand shake from the boss! Blizzard watch out from 9:Pm tonight to Midnight tomorrow. High temps over the weekend expected to be zero, lows in the minus 20 degree range with total new snow accumlation of 9"-12". Besides death and taxes we never get cheated out of winter! Nice and toasty here inside where I plan on staying.

Comment

So far I like the mild chill outside So if it stay's like it has been i'll be a happy the ol Gypsylady sings As I roll around my campfire in circles !!!!!

Please let there be !!!! No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow Laa Laa Dii Daa my poor spine No Snow No Snow No Snow No SnowNo Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No I will whine .......
                No Snow No Snow No Snow No SnowNo Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow No Snow and that's the show !!!!

I am so not looking towards a white Xmas
                Santa can keep the Reindeer off my Roof Fly Fly Fly away
                ooops shine on you crazy diamond under my old mesquite Tree

Comment

Nothing but rain changing to heavy snow and bitter colds expected here in Wisconsin for the next few days. Why oh why couldn't my Norwegian great grandfather have settled in Hawaii instead of WI!
                  C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

Comment

LOL, I am sure they wanted to stay a place like Norway.
                    I think they were stupid, they should have found a warmer place
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Back in SF and its foggy.

Comment

yeah, i'll say. Looks sort of like a sci-fi move.

Comment

We don't have city looking like that here. Strange with the fog
                          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

First the northern germanic tribes marched south 1st bc century - 4thc ad
                            the Picts(irish) and scots in vaded england- 4th -6th century
                            then the vikings moved south in the 66-12th century to get warm
                            Ghengis Khan Mongolian conquered an empire of warmer countries
                            the british empire was mostly warmer countries, canada was a mistake
                            the history of the world is dominated by nations invading nations to get out of the cold, americans are invading Australia because we are warmer no snow here.
                            I guess the people living in the cold parts of the world bread up in an attempt to get warm then like every where and everytime else they realize the fact that they have the numbers and marchout as they try to get warm, global warming mifght be a solution .

Comment

But where is the perfect place? It is either too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer. I like the summers here if it is no rain but sunshine but it is too short.
                              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Fog & Sun

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                                Back in SF and its foggy.

Thanks for the city in fog photo! I was born and raised for 23 years in San Francisco. There are areas in the city where fog never visits. And there areas where fog lives full time. Iʻve lived in both environments, I like the sunny spots,
                                Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X