No announcement yet.

How's the Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was 20 F in NORTH CAROLINA this morning. bah-humbug!! it snowed yesterday too, to the absolute delight of the neighborhood kids, including my own

But my boy braved the cold and rode his bike to school all the same. I told him that he could walk and be cold for 20 minutes or ride and be really cold for 7 minutes. He chose the latter. That's my boy! (I braved MN winters on a bike for 10 years ... I know of what I speak!!)
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Comment

still bloody cold and snowing, not been out the house for 10 days!

Comment

Well, thanks to Obione and Timaru, Obie and I are exactly the same age so tomorrow I send somebody out to buy me a box red wine. I hate this time of the year. I have been drinking coffee with Bayleys today. Even my cats won't go out, they are sleeping all the time. I am looking foreward to April.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Mostly Cloudy
          Feels Like:79 °FBarometer:29.53 in and steadyHumidity:69 %Visibility:6.21 miDewpoint:66 °FWind:N 13 mphUV Index:1 UV Description:LowSunrise:5:54 AMSunset:8:19 PM

Comment

yeah, the snow's gone, whoops it's in the REST of the country. Gawdawful cold , heard it's gonna be the longest cold snap in Fla history, where oh where are we gonna get our oranges?

Comment

17 degrees and stinkin cold here in Columbus Ohio this morning! Not ready for winter at all. Makes it hard on Sarah!

Comment

snowed in from school for the past two days. ventured out for a meeting last night and couldnt find any handicap parking spots that didnt have snow piled in them. so i'm sat with some tea
                "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

18 degree's and was 7 yesterday! about a inch of snow left but there saying we could have a strong winter storm this weekend! That's Indiana weather for you.

Comment

-12 degrees Centigrade , Freezing Fog and staying this way for a couple of days. Scotland is not geared up to cope with this after 10 days of snow.

Comment

Who's in London Ontario? It resembles The Day After Tomorrow movie! My sister drove on Sunday from barren Windsor to snowed in London - a difference of 2hrs. We still don't have snow, but it's bitterly cold.
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Had a problem with frozen pipes today. I got to go into the shower, but tried to brush my teeth beforehand. No water from either of the bathroom taps. No water from the shower. Oddly, water came from the kitchen cold tap. I called my supplier, and they suggested it could be frozen pipes, which a lot of people are having.
                        Mid morning I tried the hot kitchen tap. Some clunking and then there was water again. Loads of green bits came out the tap too.
                        I fear this is going to happen again. I hate hate hate winter.

Comment

Originally posted by keps View Post
                          Had a problem with frozen pipes today. I got to go into the shower, but tried to brush my teeth beforehand. No water from either of the bathroom taps. No water from the shower. Oddly, water came from the kitchen cold tap. I called my supplier, and they suggested it could be frozen pipes, which a lot of people are having.
                          Mid morning I tried the hot kitchen tap. Some clunking and then there was water again. Loads of green bits came out the tap too.
                          I fear this is going to happen again. I hate hate hate winter.
                          Let us ban winter! Or better yet, ban temperatures from going below 32 degrees in places where people live. I wheeled in -5 degrees, and when the cold snap ended the ground was black ice. This happened every year. I could hear the tips of the rye grass snap in our field! I slid down a mild slope for 20 feet not knowing where I was going to land.

Then a couple that I knew moved to Hawaii and asked me if I wanted to come for the winter. I did, then went home sold my house and moved to Hawaii 25 years ago. I could not help myself. I was single, nothing to keep me in Republic, the Northern most town in Eastern Washington State.
                          Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
                          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

You have to love Canada:

A blizzard warning was in effect for Nunavut, where Eureka was the country's coldest spot Tuesday morning, reaching a temperature of —42.4°C.

The hot spot? Balmy Long Pond-Manuels, Newfoundland, near St. John's, where the temperature hit 12 C Tuesday morning.

Montreal got hit too (hope the members from Quebec are okay!)

http://www.windsorstar.com/Extreme+w...439/story.html
                            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Too much snow here. I had to go to a meeting around the corner and had to write a SMS that if I was not there at 5pm, they had to come and look for me in case I was catch by the snow.
                              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

My brother's house in Randolph, NY. It is unusually cold in SC right now, but fortunately, none of that white stuff.

You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                                http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                                http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X