No announcement yet.

How's the Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still have -10C and a lot of snow, it was snowing all last night and half the day and it is going to snow at least until Saturday.
    This is the winter holiday week so my small one is in the mountains standing on snowboard with the school.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Hi guys,
      I feel myself very lucky due to the fact that i live in one of the most moderate climatic city of the world.
      Now a days its 18c at night and 28c in the morning.Even in peak winters,we rarely get temperatures dropping below 10c.
      I feel this type of weather condition is suitable for me as a quadripalegic because since my injury i can no longer bear even mild winters..
      Last edited by fahad283; 22 Feb 2011, 5:49 PM.
      Quadriplegic c6 complete.

Bsc(HONS) Applied Physics / Msc Electronics from University of Karachi. Currently doing Mphil in AI/Robotics from IBA karachi.

Physics / Maths high school instructor. Part time Web developer/ blogger . Have keen interest in Astronomy / physics/ World politics / Economics.

Visit http://spinalinjury.info where people suffering from SCI share articles about post spinal cord injury life based on research and personal experiences

Comment

Originally posted by fahad283 View Post
        Hi guys,
        I feel myself very lucky due to the fact that i live in one of the most moderate climatic city of the world.
        Now a days its 18c at night and 28c in the morning.Even in peak winters,we rarely get temperatures dropping below 10c.
        I feel this type of weather condition is suitable for me as a quadripalegic because since my injury i can no longer bear even mild winters..
        Sounds ideal to me, as I gaze out at snowbanks that refuse to melt and talk of another storm coming later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Skogy View Post
          Typical view out the vehicle windshield around here

looks like that movie, fargo
          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Cold and snow ;( need summer really soon!

Comment

I too, complain of the cold, and it is very mild here compared to the rest of the US. In the 70's this past week. a little cooler now. but spring is just around the corner, so hold in there. I have daffodils blooming right now !! (southern Arkansas)

Comment

Going to be cold and possibly even snowy in the San Francisco bay area on Friday and Saturday. Yes, I said snowy. Our local mountain peaks (Hamilton, Tamalpais, and Diablo) and low into the foothills are expecting a dusting (2-4 inches).

All the best,
                GJ
                Last edited by gjnl; 23 Feb 2011, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rebajane View Post
                  I have daffodils blooming right now !! (southern Arkansas)
                  My daffodils are still covered by at last a foot of snow, even with the nice days we had last week.
                  T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                    Going to be cold and possibly even snowy in the San Francisco bay area on Friday and Saturday. Yes, I said snowy. Our local mountain peaks (Hamilton, Tamalpais, and Diablo) and low into the foothills are expecting a dusting (2-4 inches).

All the best,
                    GJ
                    I read up to 6 inches! I will hibernating this weekend, glad the Independent film awards and Oscars are this weekend and that my friends are coming to my place for the party!
                    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Very bitter cold wind. Feb has been hell.

Comment

here in the "rainy" pacific northwest this morning

our house . . .

18 degrees tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky View Post
                          I read up to 6 inches! I will hibernating this weekend, glad the Independent film awards and Oscars are this weekend and that my friends are coming to my place for the party!
                          Ahh see what happens to you guys on the west coast when you brag about 75 degree weather to all of us on the eastcoast who have been frozen since like October i think (only kidding, hope u guys enjoy it actually, maybe you dont have it that much)

Comment

Originally posted by kate View Post
                            our house . . .

[ATTACH]39063[/ATTACH]

18 degrees tonight!
                            this is beautiful pic. I know we are all tired of it, but it's still pretty as a picture.

Comment

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                              this is beautiful pic. I know we are all tired of it, but it's still pretty as a picture.
                              thanks -- you'll be laughing at this, but those few inches of white stuff closed the schools here for TWO days.

not kidding.

it just doesn't happen often enough to justify having zillions of dollars worth of plows and sanders sitting around, so even a little bit is more than drivers can handle.

all good for me, a duluth, mn kid who thinks a blizzard only counts if there's more than 2 feet and temperatures way below zero ~~

Comment

Originally posted by kate View Post
                                thanks -- you'll be laughing at this, but those few inches of white stuff closed the schools here for TWO days.

not kidding.

it just doesn't happen often enough to justify having zillions of dollars worth of plows and sanders sitting around, so even a little bit is more than drivers can handle.

all good for me, a duluth, mn kid who thinks a blizzard only counts if there's more than 2 feet and temperatures way below zero ~~
                                oh my, the kids must have been thrilled! well good for them at least, every kid deserves a snow day once a awhile. I remember well how exciting it was for me as a kid, listening intensely to the school closing reports and being over joyed as we heard our school being closed. Lots of playing, snow ball fights, sledding. Good memories. to be made even with just a few inches.
                                Last edited by marycsm77; 25 Feb 2011, 7:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X