No announcement yet.

How's the Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The snow is manageable with the proper equipment.

You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Cool chair but it makes me curious about something. My chair, a Quantum 6000, which is a very different type of chair, has stickers in several locations that show a water droplet with the red slash through it, meaning keep the chair as dry as possible. I wonder what using the chair in the video does to the electronics? Seems like it would be great for uneven ground, but all the melting snow might be problematic?

Comment

They can make them waterproof. I would think that would be the case with any atv type chair. In fact, I clean my iGlide by hosing it off with my garden hose. Much easier than trying to dust and wipe it clean. It hasn't messede up the electonics yet.
        You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
        http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
        http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

But how to lift a powerchair up two steps to get inside a shop? That is the big trouble with the powerchairs and most of the big ones are two big for the shops too.
          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
            But how to lift a powerchair up two steps to get inside a shop? That is the big trouble with the powerchairs and most of the big ones are two big for the shops too.
            This one might do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxAu-FFhjgs
            Don - Grad Student Emeritus
            T3 ASIA A 27 years post injury

Comment

It is a nice one and reminds me of mine, Permobil Trax, it is very good on snow and curbs but not on steps and it is to wide for doors too. Guess if I have tried to go up those two steps that nearly all the shops have here I have gone on my back in the Permobil Trax too because the steps were too steep and narrow. Happily I did not get it over me
              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

mid 70's yesterday...

currently
                74°F | °C
                Current: Sunny
                Wind: NW at 15 mph
                Humidity: 36%

...beautiful.
                An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Arrrrrrrrrrggggggg...........to all the west coasters who are having temps in the 70's. It will be back in the teens at night in ole NY by mid week, and i'm getting snarlier by the minute.

Comment

Man, another arctic blast. We are at 16F, heading for 10 tonight. Plus, got another ice storm overnight, bad roads again.

The hell with the Mexican border, is there some way we can stop this Illegal Weather Immigration from the north?
                    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

I heard some comedian say that the satellite picture of the US looked like Charlie Sheen's coffee table, LOL!
                      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

That is mean, just plain mean!!
                        It has been getting below zero (Fahrenheit) for about the last week here (it seems longer though). But we will see the 30's this weekend.

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                        mid 70's yesterday...

currently
                        74°F | °C
                        Current: Sunny
                        Wind: NW at 15 mph
                        Humidity: 36%

...beautiful.
                        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

75 degrees and sunny in Southern California...

Comment

We have had brutally cold weatherr, and now warming up to the low 30's.
                            There is a big youth hockey tournament in town and now the worry is the ice will be too soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe-MN View Post
                              That is mean, just plain mean!!
                              It has been getting below zero (Fahrenheit) for about the last week here (it seems longer though). But we will see the 30's this weekend.
                              30's for a whole week. It will be nice to melt some of the snow. I hope we're done with the snow storms. And maybe an early spring...

Comment

Cold and a lot of snow, impossible to go out at all because of snow and ice. They have not cleaned the streets yet since before Christmas
                                TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
                                X