Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Out My Blog

dear friends and members,

please check out my blog/website. i'm just getting it started so pointers, critiques, advice all welcome. i'd like to get know everyone again and meet new people as well. let me know what you think!

lori ann

http://queenquad.blogspot.com
    sigpicPlease Visit My Blog at: http://queenquad.blogspot.com

But those who wait on the Lord
    Shall renew their strength;
    They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
    They shall run and not be weary,
    They shall walk and not faint
    Isaiah 40:31

I find the fonts somewhat difficult to read. I also wonder if your photo collage header might attract the wrong sort of people (unless you want to attract them, in which case I guess they aren't wrong for you!).

Comment

Looked great for me. I see a book in the making. Won't comment on the photos as I'd get banned lol. You lookin' good girl.

Comment

I really like your blog. Maybe you should change the font style?

Comment

I joined to follow your blog! Please feel free to join mine too. I am just beginning so its...sparse. Nice to see you! Mary
          1FineSpineRN

Comment

Happy birthday kickinglamb!
            Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

you usually want blogs to be less busy, not a ton of pics, etc. clean looking.
              Injured:10-16-04
              C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
              Blog:
              http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
              Facebook:
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
              Progress:
              http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
              My drawings:
              http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

None of my business, I know, but you're putting a lot of very personal and explicit information out there. You may not end up attacting the kind of following you want - not know, of course, what kind of following you do want.
                But, in other news, it's rather busy and the font in difficult to read - as has been stated.
                BeeBee

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

I'll be brutally honest. If I wanted people to take me seriously as a writer, or if I felt that I had something of substance to share with others, I wouldn't post "come hither" photos of myself. It just cheapens what is probably a story/experience that would otherwise be quite rich and meaningful.

I'd keep that one photo, in the bottom row, where it appears you are at a conference and have it centered at the top of the page. You're quite attractive and it's a great shot!

Also, I agree with the others regarding the font for the first entry. Use something that's easier to read!

Comment

thanks evryone!

i'd like to thank to everyone for thier input about my blog. as far as the photos go, that is who i am and if anyone read my profile they would already know that i model adaptive clothing for disabled woman. and some of these photos are part of my portfolio. MY GOAL is show and tell other women, especially those that are newly injured, that they are still beautiful, sexy and whole whole woman despite thier disability.
                    but it is ultimately about the writing, right? i DO agree about the font. i think i'm trying too hard.
                    thanks,L.A.
                    Last edited by kickinglamb; 8 Nov 2010, 7:46 PM. Reason: further explanation

Comment

Every time I click a page or refresh, the photo heading fills the screen, requiring scrolling to find out where I am and what I'm supposed to be reading, which is distracting. This takes away from the continuity and rhythm of surfing and reading your blog (in addition to the difficult font).

How about just putting a couple/few small photos in the heading, with a photo section/page/album to showcase the rest, where people can click on to view as a complete set? This way, you can dedicate a section to focus on modeling and highlight the adaptive clothing.

Comment

Lori

I agree with the other points. If you want to keep the photos maybe find a way to put them down the side or in a gallery. Get a crisp, clear font; you write quite well, no need to dress it up.

My biggest concern would be legal. If you are using the real names of the people involved - particularly caregivers, who you mention in a professional capacity, then you run a risk of defaming them. If, for instance, you describe an incident where you didn't feel they were doing their job properly (they may disagree) and that later showed up in a Google search for 'Tarra, caregiver, Westmorland County' then you could find yourself facing a legal issue and - at the least - being made to take your blog down.
                        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Lori,

Good job!

The font and color used for My Story Chapter 3 is the easist on the eyes to read well.

A cute name for your blog like Lori's Story may be an idea you'd consider.

This should be your opening photo, because it saves room and is a welcoming photo of you:

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
                            My biggest concern would be legal. If you are using the real names of the people involved - particularly caregivers, who you mention in a professional capacity, then you run a risk of defaming them. If, for instance, you describe an incident where you didn't feel they were doing their job properly (they may disagree) and that later showed up in a Google search for 'Tarra, caregiver, Westmorland County' then you could find yourself facing a legal issue and - at the least - being made to take your blog down.
                            I wanted to write a dark novel in which I fantasized about murdering the juror members who presided over my malpractice lawsuit, but I figured the use of their real names wouldn't be worth the hassle of litigation.

To those who are shocked by this admission, it would be a tongue-in-cheek type of novel in which my point would be made that if these people were in my position, they would have obviously voted in favor of the underdog. I seriously don't wish to murder anyone. It would be a satirical dark piece about lack of empathy and revenge.

Comment

questions

Originally posted by chick View Post
                              How about just putting a couple/few small photos in the heading, with a photo section/page/album to showcase the rest, where people can click on to view as a complete set? This way, you can dedicate a section to focus on modeling and highlight the adaptive clothing.
                              this is a really good idea but i don't how to do it. do you? or can anyone else help me w/this?

thanks again, lori ann
                              P.S. i don't use real names for anyone without written permission. so now you can sleep at night at night rehab rhino! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X