bad day yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad day yesterday

I want to start by saying it was not her fault. Yesterday my caretaker was moving me and the hoyer mechanism just broke. Then I fell. After many xrays all I broke was my arm. Or elbow to be exact. So my string of bad luck continues.

So sorry to hear you were injured. Hope your elbow heals quickly.

Do you know what broke on your lift? What kind is it?

All the best,
    GJ

Comment

gimps, unlike tiggers, do not bounce. hope u recover fast!
      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
      http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

oh, that sucks!, do heal up fast, sorry for your pain.

Comment

One of my fears, having the lift break. Sounds scarey.
          Heal quick!

Comment

That must have been terrifying. Hope the elbow heals right up quick!
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by seess
              just take it easy. life is not always like that
              Oh, I don't know, my life seems to be pretty much that way. Like the original poster, I am surely feeling that I'm past due for a change in luck. I am happy to say I've never been dropped from a hoyer lift though, that must have sucked.

Hope the elbow heals pronto!
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I hope you heal quickly sorry it happened to you...
                For every minute you're angry you lose a second of happiness

Comment

I know what a sucky day feels like.Keep your chin up and heal quickly!
                  Labrador retrievers are truly man's best friend!

Comment

Originally posted by lisarolls View Post
                    I want to start by saying it was not her fault. Yesterday my caretaker was moving me and the hoyer mechanism just broke. Then I fell. After many xrays all I broke was my arm. Or elbow to be exact. So my string of bad luck continues.

OUCH!!! I'm so sorry! As if life doesn't suck enough somedays! I hope you heal soon.
                    "What has happened, has happened; What I am going through, I shall rise above; And what will come, I will meet with courage"~Hazrat Inayat Kahn

Comment

[QUOTE=betheny;1277500]Oh, I don't know, my life seems to be pretty much that way. Like the original poster, I am surely feeling that I'm past due for a change in luck. I am happy to say I've never been dropped from a hoyer lift though, that must have sucked.
                      You are most definitely due for a change of luck Bethany. Isn't there a blues song with the words "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all." Maybe a song on a Stevie Ray Vaughn (sp) CD?
                      We just got a ceiling lift installed and one of the aides is sure it's going to fall even though I assure here they did 500 pound tests.

Comment

Owwwh. I hope your elbow heals quickly and that your days get better FAST!

Comment

Working...
                        X