Your AAA experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your AAA experiences

I am thinking to buy into AAA membership,.. as an european i never bought into it before my "lazy" quad life... but wondering if others actually benefit from it and how?
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Well I am in the U.S. but would not really think of taking a trip of any significant distance without it, or some kind of roadside assistance. To many places that I do not want to be on the side of the road changing a flat from my wheelchair.

Comment

i am in US now and thinking about it....so you like it
      C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
      (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Comment

My husband and I both have it. It has come in handy when the car dies...get a tow...or get gas...or get a jump...or even change a tire. And...we love the discounts we get from them.
        "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

I would highly recommend it for the money. It is inexpensive for the car coverage alone they give you. DRolling is right about having it. Triple A is represented across the U.S. and they offer a lot of incentives for traveling, road trips etc. Plus you will save at least 10% off all major hotel brands. I show my card at all hotels and get a better rate than being a rewards member. Good luck and go for it.

Comment

it's worth it.

http://www.moneycrashers.com/10-grea...aa-membership/

Comment

They rescue me on average a couple times a year, worth it no doubt.

Comment

I have it and wouldn't be without it.

Comment

They are great for getting the car fixed or towed in an emergency, but they know nothing about arranging for emergency transportation for motorized wheelchairs. I've had to abandon my motorized wheelchair, still strapped down in the van, and take taxis home while the van was towed. (Fortunately I have a strong brother!)
                  NYC Disability Forum (@DisabledNYC on Twitter)

Comment

Both my wife and I are AAA members (and have been for many years; long before she was injured). You're also covered when you're a passenger - that's why my wife still has it. It's proved very worthwhile over the years.
                    - Richard

Comment

Even if you don't use it for your car, the discounts can pay for the membership. I used it for my last glasses and got 30% off.
                      Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Well worth it. The discounts do help.....

Comment

We have been members for 29 years. We have not had to use the services often, but when we have it has been a great relief to know that there is help there almost immediately. There are levels of membership that include more services. Check out the various levels and pay for what you think you will need. We don't have AAA auto insurance which is different for the roadside assistance program. I would also be VERY suspect of using the AAA vehicle inspection program. We've been burned there because these inspection stations are also repair operations. AAA contracts to an existing mechanic shop to do the inspections under the AAA mantle. The mechanic shops that are AAA inspection stations that we have experienced deliberately created a problem that needed to be fixed or the illusion of a problem that needed to be fixed. We took the van to our long time mechanic....no such problem.

All the best,
                          GJ
                          Last edited by gjnl; 7 Oct 2010, 2:36 PM.

Comment

years ago, before i got hurt i drove a tow truck and we were the company for AAA in our area. back then the gold membership was the way to go, the basic often didn't cover enough miles and the customer was still stuck with bill. i buy a new car often, so i have the coverage with the new vehicles(they often use AAA, or another roadside program), but i have thought about getting AAA just for the hotel and other discounts. its just like buying health insurance, you just have to weigh benefits to see if it justifies the cost. if you plan to travel a lot, i'm sure you'd come out even or ahead of membership fees. one 100mile tow itself would cover the fee.

Comment

Yes. I was very glad I had it on Sat when my transmission died on the Mass pike. Plus, in a chair, there is no way I could change my tire anymore. (Yes, I know it is possible, but not by me!! LOL)
                              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X