My boy is home from Afghanistan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post
    Trully wonderful....very emotional I can see from the footage, I"m so glad you got him home safe and sound.

Btw - according to the newspaper article your name is spelled Robin, so you might want to get it right in future, you've clearly been misspelling it all these years
    OMG, Now thats funny! I was "under disguise" but you called me out. No fooling you. LOL
    But thanks to all, it is great he has returned and I will be spending every moment I can while hes here. And Steven, I will avoid CC, lol, but occasionally I do plan to sneak a peek at everyone once in a while.
    But I do want to give a special and heart felt Thank You to Matt (Quadvet) for being there and keeping me sane when I was catching stories on the news or other programs on tv. Without him I dont think I could have gotten through the few times I would lose it. Also for sending e-mails and packages to my son while he was over there. You are a great man Matt, and it is truely an honor to call you my friend. Love Ya Matt!
    Well, going now to enjoy my sons return, Hope you all have a great day!
    Semper Fi!!!
    sigpic

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Comment

In Vietnam, I think it was rare to serve 2 tours; they discouraged it b/c of PTSD, I think. It's a shame your son has to go back so soon.

But it is what it is. Hope you enjoy every single minute! I hope you feel proud, you deserve to. Please tell him thanks from this Okie. It's sad that other young man didn't make it home. May God have mercy on his family and comfort what must be unbearable sorrow and loss.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Robynbird569 View Post
        OMG, Now thats funny! I was "under disguise" but you called me out. No fooling you. LOL
        But thanks to all, it is great he has returned and I will be spending every moment I can while hes here. And Steven, I will avoid CC, lol, but occasionally I do plan to sneak a peek at everyone once in a while.
        But I do want to give a special and heart felt Thank You to Matt (Quadvet) for being there and keeping me sane when I was catching stories on the news or other programs on tv. Without him I dont think I could have gotten through the few times I would lose it. Also for sending e-mails and packages to my son while he was over there. You are a great man Matt, and it is truely an honor to call you my friend. Love Ya Matt!
        Well, going now to enjoy my sons return, Hope you all have a great day!
        Semper Fi!!!
        Wow, to wake up to this was totally unexpected, I'm near shock. Thanks hon, I'd say think nothing of it, but obviously you do. Anything, for a brother in arms, and especially, his mother. It is said that the two are called to equally difficult sacrifices, and I tend to agree. Take care of yourself and your Marine. Semper Fi, Matt
        get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Welcome home Billy and thank you for all you do for us! I am forever greatful to the service men and women (including my cousin) who are protecting our freedoms we take for granted!
          "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Savour each moment and say thanks (with a hug) to your son from a grateful Canadian mom. I have friends who have children over in Afghanistan too ...... I'll be so glad when the people who live there can finally stand on there own and everyone can come home where they belong. Blessings .....

Obieone
            ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
            Jane Siberry

Comment

Wow, he's just a kid.

Thanks to Billy and your family.

Comment

Don't tell him that, Jim, ha!
                get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Robyn, you and your children are truly an inspiration. How courageous all 3 of you have been. Thanks for sharing the video, I loved watching your son wave to the camera as he pushed his little sister. You are an amazing mom!

Comment

Originally posted by Robynbird569 View Post
                    Whoo Hooo, My boy came home today! The local news was there, surprise to us. I sounded like a frog for it was hard to hold back tears, I cried through out the interview. But heres us, Grandma me and his sister waiting, and finally the kid came to us. Can you believe, he took so long to get to us for he stopped to use the bathroom, thats my son Billy for ya.

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?se...cal&id=7524936
                    great news, glad he's back, and glad he makes you and us proud
                    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                    Ronald Reagan

Comment

congratulations to you all!
                      2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Absolutely great news, best news I've heard lately, your boy is home!

You Schotts aren't related to the Schotts of Paradise, California, are you?

At any rate, congratulations on your son's return! Now, let's bring 'em ALL home, ASAP...
                        vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

Comment

Glad and thankful your son made it home to you. I thank him for his service.

May this be a most wonderful time to reconnect for all of you!

Comment

I totally bawled watching that news clip. I can't imagine that kind of sacrifice. Thank you to your whole family and have a wonderful time together.

Comment

Haven't had time to read this thread, but I will...

From reading the headlines...that's GREAT!

Take care all!

Teena

Comment

Great and wonderful news!!!!

Give him a big hug and tell him thank you for serving our county....

Enjoy your visit!
                                T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X