whats better paralyzed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arod636 View Post
    Some of the great things that come with being paralyzed, pissing on myself almost daily, shitting on myself in front of my friends, having to stop a girl from giving me head because I have a condom catheter an piss bag connected to my dick. All the activities I'm never going to be able to do with my son because I'm in a fucken wheelchair an my legs don't work. You guys gotta be fucken kidding me with this thread. Being in a wheelchair is fucken horrible. Not feeling my dick for almost 4 years is great busting a nut was over rated anyways... Gotta love when old people who probably have a year or so of life left looking at you an feeling sorry for you when they are about to die thats always great...
    With an attitude like that, your life will always suck. Life is what you make of it. None of us asked to be in chairs, but it's not the end of the world. You seem more concerned about the negatives than the positives in life. Just because your legs don't work, does not mean you can't be a good father, husband, friend, person, etc. Living a happy life begins with attitude and your outlook. If you continue the 'woe is me', that's your choice. In the mean time, I'm going to continue to do WHAT I CAN AND WHAT I TRY TO DO. I can't do everything, but I never say I can't before I try to do it. Stop worrying about getting your dick sucked and busting a nut and focus on being a father to your son and show him you love life. Your attitude will rub off on your son, so if he's important to you, look in the mirror and change your attitude dude.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Originally posted by WolfeMan View Post
      With an attitude like that, your life will always suck.
      I honestly believe that our attitudes really don't change that much after injury. I think those who are optimistic, remain so; and those who are pessimistic, stay the same.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
      - Barack Obama

Comment

linda, it depends on the venue whether u can get free/discounted tickets. u have to do it over the phone but some places are super accommodating. i have never gotten free companion seats for a concert but many concerts i have been to let my friend and i go up by the stage if it is possible.

i have 3 lil bros. they learned how to walk using my chair. i've taught them to fish, play baseball, football, read, changed diapers, kissed their "booboos", taught them how to drive etc. yes there are things i cannot do with them and wish i could but guess what? my lil bros could care less. when the 18 yr was 5 he wrote a poem and at the end he said he loves me because i am there for him. kids don't care what u do with them, just that you are there loving them, supporting them, being the loudest person on the football sidelines screaming ur head off.
        "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
        http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

I have experienced life, I travel often and do things on a regular basis. I believe I am entitled to my fucken opinion so keep your assumptions about my life to yourselves. None of you people know me except for Imight. I would appreciate if none of you mention my son again, I spent over 10k in lawyer fees to be able to see my son because his mom didn't let me see him an told them a person in a chair can't care of a child. I sign my son up for every sport I can I pick him up whenever I can an spend all the time I can with him. So don't ever question me being a father or how much I love him. My life doesn't suck being in a wheelchair sucks. I have my own house a few cars and I live alone. I am completely independent. I busted my ass in therapy for 2 years trying to walk in doing so fucked up my hip an got hip replacement surgery. So no more wheelchair basketball or anything else like that for me. I made myself worse trying to get better. I had a great life before my accident so yes being in a chair is horrible to me. An save the whole theres more to life than busting nuts. Humans are meant to orgasm an ejaculate so spare me that love bullshit. Cause you sound pretty stupid on these threads about your wives or girlfriends leaving you for not being able to fuck her right... Give me a fucken break...

Comment

The only reason people said those things is because in your original post all you said was things you can't do or you were being extremely, negatively sarcastic about things that accompany some peole who are in chairs... That leads one to believe you focus on what you cannot do. If you would have said all of the things in your above post to begin with and just state that for you, being in a chair still sucks, then that is your opinion, but to say that living in a chair is horrible is a very wrong statement. And it is awesome that you fought so hard for your son, because those people who tried to say you cannot care for him just because you are in a chair are ignorant! And despite all of your accomplishments since being in a chair andyour possessions, it still seems as though you have a lot of anger towards life in a chair, which I promise is more common than not. Hopefully someday you will be able to get past that anger and have a more positive attitude towards the life that you do have as opposed to not having life at all...
            "The Only Disability in Life is...A Bad Attitude!"

Comment

This thread has taught me some people are miserable. Is lif challenging when paralyzed. heck yes. Do I have bad days. You know it. Ive been battling a pressure sore for some time and am facing amputation but Im not wish I were dead or living in Korea or losing a child. I cherish my life. I love my life. I make the most of my life. I so wish I could turn back the clock. I hate my husband having to help me. I hate not being able to jumo out of bed and make him breakfast while he showers. But there is so much I can do and life is wroth living. Dont waste your time worrying about what you cant do. Focus on what you have. See a therapist. Have a great life, seek god.

Comment

Everyone has a right to their opinion, and it's as valid as every other opinion given. None of us should put down another person for expressing how they feel. Paralysis is handled better by some, not because they're stronger or a better person or believe in a god, etc., but just simply because.

None of us know what it's like to live the life of another member, and assumptions made on others' opinions, well, we all know what we were taught about the word ASSUME.
                Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Very true! Just trying to give some insight on how to deal with things and achieve a happier lifestyle...
                  "The Only Disability in Life is...A Bad Attitude!"

Comment

This all is sounding a little judgmental to me. Who is any of us to judge how another lives or experiences her life, or thinks or feels? I personally prefer to get advice only when I seek it. It seems to me to be very different to tell someone how you think she should feel rather than just share how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by TomRL View Post
                      I actually became more popular with girls. Instead of always trying to impress them, I started listening. It worked wonders.
                      Tom, You have my favorite answer!

Comment

In my short experience of all this, 2 people sitting in wheelchairs might look similar, but their injuries can be polar opposites.

One can be riddled with pain, skin problems, bowel/bladder issues, no sensation, no movement, UTI's etc etc.

The other can have no pain, can grab a walker and go for a walk, have full sexual function, and in all other respects be perfectly healthy and happy.

Comment

Just call me a simpleon. I have fun coasting downhill no matter how old I'm getting.

Comment

do you "wheelie" down hills? Other than floor-to-chair transfers, this is top of my goal list.

Comment

Originally posted by arod636 View Post
                              I would appreciate if none of you mention my son again, I spent over 10k in lawyer fees to be able to see my son because his mom didn't let me see him an told them a person in a chair can't care of a child. I sign my son up for every sport I can I pick him up whenever I can an spend all the time I can with him. So don't ever question me being a father or how much I love him.
                              YOU brought your son into the topic and I based my reply to you on the information you provided PUBLICLY. My post to you may have come off as if I was being an ass to you, but that was NOT the case. It was 'my way' of trying to help and encourage you that life in a chair does suck, but 'Life is what you make it'. If you focus on the negatives, they'll eat you alive. I applaud you for fighting for you son and am extremely happy for you and your son.

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                              Everyone has a right to their opinion, and it's as valid as every other opinion given. None of us should put down another person for expressing how they feel.
                              You're right and I gave my opinion to Arod based on his post/opinion of life in a chair. I did not put him down in anyway.

Originally posted by flicka View Post
                              I honestly believe that our attitudes really don't change that much after injury. I think those who are optimistic, remain so; and those who are pessimistic, stay the same.
                              This could be true, if it is it's sad. If a person was pessimistic before an SCI, they 'should' sure as hell become optimistic about living and life. To me it's ALL about attitude........we had a summer hire C1 College student at work a couple years ago who had a full time assistant come to work with her everyday to do everything for her. This girl smiled EVERYDAY, joked around, talked about College and her FUTURE, etc. Her attitude and outlook on life was extremely inspiring to me, made me feel extremely fortunate for the abilities I have and for getting the chance for her to teach me.......Life Goes On no matter what and you get one time around, so make the best of what you got cause it's short.

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              This all is sounding a little judgmental to me. Who is any of us to judge how another lives or experiences her life, or thinks or feels? I personally prefer to get advice only when I seek it. It seems to me to be very different to tell someone how you think she should feel rather than just share how you feel.
                              I was not judging Arod, I shared my opinion about his pretty negative post. Making a post on a 'public forum' is open for advice as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want someone's advice or opinion, don't make a post about how bad your life is on the internet.

My intent of replying to Arod's post was meant to help/encourage, not to hurt or judge. But after reading his follow up post, it seems as though things aren't as bad as his original post made it out to be.
                              Last edited by WolfeMan; 15 Jun 2010, 6:46 PM.
                              Larry
                              ------
                              Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Originally posted by dash View Post
                                Just call me a simpleon. I have fun coasting downhill no matter how old I'm getting.
                                that NEVER gets old! especially when u pass ppl by and they are all "hey! no fair!"
                                "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
                                http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X