No announcement yet.

whats better paralyzed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is nothing positive about being paralyzed and im not trying to make people feel bad... to be paralyzed is the worse thing in life...

Comment

Originally posted by mv740 View Post
      there is nothing positive about being paralyzed and im not trying to make people feel bad... to be paralyzed is the worse thing in life...
      Possibly one of them. I could think of some others: being a burned victim, locked-in syndrome, losing a child, living in North Korea (or places like it), etc.

There are so many things out there that make people suffer.

Comment

that may be your truth. i have suffered from chronic pain and being paralyzed is a walk in the park as compared to that pain i went through. chronic pain robs you of your soul. all u can do is lay in agony and each second feels like an eternity. in my wheelchair i can go out and enjoy life and be a whole person with thoughts and action. with pain i turn into something less than an animal.
        "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
        http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lisarolls View Post
          3. Dont have to iron back half of clothing
          But then you might have big creases to sit on which may provoke a skin problem...oh.

Originally posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
          I know this may sound odd, but with the exception of my big toes, I remove my nails on my feet a lot. It's really easy, though, the blood on the socks isn't too nice. I hate that toenails aren't as beautiful as fingernails.

I'd like permanent toenail removal. My ex-bro-in-law had that done. They remove the nail and just burn the tissues so they don't grow back.
          O.M.G. Really?!!!!!! How the heck do you do that?!

Originally posted by SharonD View Post
          somebody pleeeeeease explain the toenail removal thing....just reading this is making me kringe and my stomach hurts!
          Same here! I want details, even though I know I'll regret reading them, lol.

Sometimes I find my self feeling grateful I can't feel the many bruises on my feet. One of my toes was bruised black recently. But then I realize...I wouldn't even be bruised if I weren't paralyzed. *sigh*

Comment

I WOULD MUCH RATHER LIVE IN NORTH KOREA THEN BEING PARALYZED, AND BELIEVE ME ITS BETTER TO LOOE A CHILD THEN BEING PARALYZED.. MY PARENTS LOT 3 AND MY GRANDMOM LOST 6.. YOU NEVER FORGET BUT YOU GET OVER IT AND LIVE LIFE.. BEING PARALYED IS ALWAYS IN YOUR HEAD... deny it or dont... it the truth

Comment

Being able to have your own personal shopping assistant at Walmart.

Comment

I WOULD MUCH RATHER LIVE IN NORTH KOREA THEN BEING PARALYZED, AND BELIEVE ME ITS BETTER TO LOOE A CHILD THEN BEING PARALYZED.. MY PARENTS LOT 3 AND MY GRANDMOM LOST 6.. YOU NEVER FORGET BUT YOU GET OVER IT AND LIVE LIFE.. BEING PARALYED IS ALWAYS IN YOUR HEAD... deny it or dont... it the truth
                Whatever. Being paralyzed is easy, I can even do it in my sleep.

Comment

My shoes don't wear out.
                  T6 complete

Comment

The doctor removed my big toenails because they became a problem. They got real thick after a fugal infection and then caused redness and start of sore. Not first time for this. He said when they heal he can treat them so they won't grow back since they have caused repeated issues. I hope this answers some questions

Comment

You may not intend to, but you sound extremely selfish and self pittying. I would rather be a deaf, mute, blind, quadruple amputated and paralyzed all together, than to lose a child. You obviously (at least I hope) do NOT have any children. Unbelievable.
                      Larry
                      ------
                      Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Originally posted by lisarolls View Post
                        The doctor removed my big toenails because they became a problem. They got real thick after a fugal infection and then caused redness and start of sore. Not first time for this. He said when they heal he can treat them so they won't grow back since they have caused repeated issues. I hope this answers some questions

Thanks...I have never heard of this procedure before, the treatment that keeps the nails from growing back. So is this something that most disabled individuals deal with?

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit the toenail removal thing makes me cringe too. It also seems like a potential site of infection that could make the whole toenail issue moot if an infection got bad enough. Most of us have poor circulation in our lower extremities, so I wouldn't be willing to take the chance, but then I am the one who doesn't wear sandals for the same reason. They may not be functional, but I sort of like having a matched set of legs.

MV, the fact that you would rather lose a child than have a SCI speaks volumes. I am very sorry that you can't see beyond your own issues, and I certainly hope you have no children.

Comment

Being paralyzed is definitely an advantage when having a cystoscopy. "My father cried." is the comment my care aide made after witnessing my peepee getting ravaged on Friday

Comment

I actually became more popular with girls. Instead of always trying to impress them, I started listening. It worked wonders.
                              Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

On a serious note, you must really be having it tough at the moment. And I'm sorry to hear that. I wonder if you have to suffer pain too? If so, then you have my sympathies.

Comment

Working...
                                X