• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Todd (article about Joan Rivers!)

Hi Todd,
    Thought you might want to read this.

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/m...rce=newsletter

Thank you, Eileen, it was a beautiful article. She is the queen of turning pain into laughter.

Comment

I had forgotten until I read the article that she and Melissa had been in the movie about her husband's suicide. I can't even imagine being able to do such a thing under those circumstances, but she thought it brought healing and who am I to disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
        I had forgotten until I read the article that she and Melissa had been in the movie about her husband's suicide. I can't even imagine being able to do such a thing under those circumstances, but she thought it brought healing and who am I to disagree?
        From what I gather from Joan and Melissa, Edgar's suicide was completely out of nowhere to them. Some people who commit suicide may have had histories of depression, previous attempts, and inclinations but I don't think Edgar gave any of those to his wife and daughter.

Comment

A good friend of my adult children hung himself several months ago. It was a complete shock to everyone, as these things often are.
          A large group of friends had all been on an annual camping trip and had a good time. He had just bought a new car and made other plans.
          Sadly, an older brother had done the same thing a few years earlier.
          I have visited some dark places in my own heart, so saddened to the anguish this young man had.

Comment

Working...
          X