Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Eye Infection :( :(.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another Eye Infection :( :(.....

    So, I have ended up with another eye infection from the paper cut that I got on my eyeball a couple years ago. Boo to paper, and boo to eye abx ....

    Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

    I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

    #2
    Ow - the thought made me cringe!
    Various drops go in my eyes 5x a day each. yuck.
    - Richard

    Comment


      #3
      ooooh

      Comment


        #4
        So had my follow up appt with my eye doc about this nasty infection and cut in my eye. He is a little worried that it is not healing as quickly as he would like. I have a bandage contact on it which is making it possible for me to keep my eye open and to get through the day without wanting to rip my eye out of my head. I go back to tomorrow to see if I need to wear the bandage contact till Monday. I am hoping it will be better by Monday! I hate having my eye feel like it is going to fall out of my head at any moment.

        Becky
        T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
        since 1/3/04

        I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

        Comment


          #5
          wonder if the microcyn stuff would work lol
          "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
          http://www.elportavoz.com/

          Comment


            #6
            Was at the eye doc again today. He put in another bandage contact to help protect the eye from wind, debris, etc. He said it is looking better but that the infection is now also in my eyelid as well as my eye itself....

            I go back for another check on Monday.


            Becky
            T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
            since 1/3/04

            I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

            Comment


              #7
              sounds like you have a recurrent corneal erosion. If the bandage contact lens doesn't work, sometimes you have to have an ophthalmologist scrape the cornea scrape the cornea to get rid of all the poorly adherent tissue. If that doesn't work, micro-puncture of the superficial cornea usually works. I had one patient in 30 years where I had to resort to a laser treatment.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by cgerstle View Post
                sounds like you have a recurrent corneal erosion. If the bandage contact lens doesn't work, sometimes you have to have an ophthalmologist scrape the cornea scrape the cornea to get rid of all the poorly adherent tissue. If that doesn't work, micro-puncture of the superficial cornea usually works. I had one patient in 30 years where I had to resort to a laser treatment.

                Just out of curiosity..... are you an opthamologist?? This is a serious question.

                Becky
                T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
                since 1/3/04

                I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

                Comment


                  #9
                  eye infection

                  yes, I practice for 30 years in northern New Jersey until I had a bike accident

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by cgerstle View Post
                    yes, I practice for 30 years in northern New Jersey until I had a bike accident
                    Oh ok... thanks for your input!! This is the second time I had this happen. The first was 2 years ago after I endured a severe paper cut ON my eye.

                    The contact lens helps but as soon as it is removed the pressure and pain on the eye with the scratches is so intense.

                    Becky
                    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
                    since 1/3/04

                    I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by crypticgimp View Post
                      wonder if the microcyn stuff would work lol
                      I was going to suggest using it. Since it works in animal eye infections as well. Not only will it kill the infection, it will speed healing. I agree with cgerstle, it would be wise to 'clean up' the surface. A good 'fake tear' wash might help. It has additional ingredients regular eyedrops do not have that aid in adhering to the eye longer. It will hurt until the optho fixes it. But the vetericyn/microcyn will kill the infection.

                      https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by CapnGimp View Post
                        I was going to suggest using it. Since it works in animal eye infections as well. Not only will it kill the infection, it will speed healing. I agree with cgerstle, it would be wise to 'clean up' the surface. A good 'fake tear' wash might help. It has additional ingredients regular eyedrops do not have that aid in adhering to the eye longer. It will hurt until the optho fixes it. But the vetericyn/microcyn will kill the infection.

                        Thanks for the suggestion . I am using extra lubricant to my eye... I think its called tears or something like that. Ironically, it feels better as i am putting the tears in. As soon as I stop putting it in my eye it starts to hurt a lot.

                        I will ask the doc about the cleaning up the surface. That seems sort of scary though .

                        Becky
                        T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
                        since 1/3/04

                        I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          You should not be worried. This will fix the cause of your pain. Check out this...

                          http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1195183-overview

                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurrent_corneal_erosion

                          https://www.facebook.com/john.baxter.1213986

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X