Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 years ago today i got my SCI, but for the first time am standing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 years ago today i got my SCI, but for the first time am standing up.

how am i standing you ask. with the help of technology of course. i purchased a used standing wheelchair 2 weeks ago and so far its awesome. i did not even get light headed fter not standing for over a decade. everything looks different wen you go from being 4ft to 6'1. its great and im hoping in the next 5 years a SCI treatment comes out and i can stand unassisted. COMON FUTURE!

does anyone else have a standing chair?
    J2

28/M/chicago/C5-c6 quad Comp.
    [url]
    www.J2RollsOn.com

Congrats on the liberation!

Still wondering what's keep you vertical w/o a chest strap, must have a great core going on.

I hope you've been standing(frame) up until the chair though..just worried about HO or brittle bones breaking.

Enjoy!

Comment

Lookin' good!!!

Comment

You look good, man.

Yeah, don't fall forward. That would be carnage.

Comment

Standing tall. As others have said, "careful wid dem bones." You are looking good. Enjoy.
          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

What brand of chair is that ?

Looking
            DIGG.

Comment

What's the weather like up there?

If I tried it I'd probably crumble into my shoes:-(

Comment

wow.amazing...must be feeling great.! glad to c your pic
                ChemistOnline.in

Comment

Awesome! Sarah is in the process of getting a standing frame. I can not wait!

Comment

Did you get a bone density test before you started standing again?

Comment

Originally posted by J2Extreme View Post
                      how am i standing you ask. with the help of technology of course. i purchased a used standing wheelchair 2 weeks ago and so far its awesome. i did not even get light headed fter not standing for over a decade. everything looks different wen you go from being 4ft to 6'1. its great and im hoping in the next 5 years a SCI treatment comes out and i can stand unassisted. COMON FUTURE!

does anyone else have a standing chair?
                      great pic your young if you don/t mind where did you get chair what kind
                      i really would like 1

thank you

Comment

hey thanks for everyones input. i stood 1 time in a standing frame for about 10 minutes 2 years ago at a friends house. i was hooked then at seeing things at a different view. i didnt get dizzy or have any ad. i never got a bone density test. im trusting all the working out, range of motion, and eating right has kept my bones decent. i do not stand for more then 5-10 minutes and have only been doing it the last 2 weeks about 3 days a week and 5-7 times each day. i have made an appointment next week with my SCI dr from RIC dr david chen. so far i think im ok, im complete so i cant feel, but i have no swelling, herd no cracking, and dont have ad.

as far as where i purchased the chair.. i happened to get lucky and found it for sale on ebay. this chair brand new is $28,000 thanks to ebay i got a great condition chair for $7000. what a steal!!
                        J2

[url]
                        www.J2RollsOn.com

Comment

nice i miss my stand frame! it broke down on me! oh well... its nothing like standing up!
                          life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

Comment

Hiyyaz J2Extreme
                            Way too kool man , awesome
                            Have a good day , many more
                            Sincerely ;
                            Gypsylady

Comment

Ohhh by the way, i do have a chest belt on when i use the standing chair, but i put 2 small slits under the arm pits so i could wear the belt under my shirt preety slick huh, lol
                              J2

[url]
                              www.J2RollsOn.com

Comment

Working...
                              X