X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dennis Hopper dies

Another one passes on.

Dennis Hopper, creator of hit 'Easy Rider,' dies
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Requiem in pace, Mr. Hopper.

Comment

Sad, he was such a 'cool dude'. He'll be missed by many.

Comment

Dennis, ride like the wind. Thanks for Hoosiers!

The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
        --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
        ––Paul Nussbaum
        usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

My very first real "kiss" had a fringe leather jacket just like Hofer wore in Easy Rider ........ {{{{{sigh}}}}}}} he even looked a little like him ... actually all my boyfriends looked like him ..... it was the 70's man ...... got my motor runnin' ... yes ... yes it did ......

See ya' later Dennis {{{{{mmmmmwahhhh}}}}}......

Obie
          ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
          Jane Siberry

Comment

He was one of my favorites. His goofy walk was hilarious. My favorite
            movies of his were Flashback and Water World. R.I.P. Dennis Hopper.

Comment

heard that at my friends when I was in virginia earlier, it's sad. he was a crazy dude
              We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

He was in a lot of shitty movies, but a few great ones make him (along with being crazy and drunk and drugged out most always) a legend imo; good, bad and ugly.

Wherever you may be, smoke one for me Dennis.

Thanks!

Comment

Oh so sad. He will be missed.

Obie - you cracked me up. I never would have guessed that about you.

Comment

I loved him in the movie "the rivers edge" as the amputee vet who has a blow-up doll I forgot the doll's name but its a funny movie. Its a bummer he's gone because he wasn't that old.
                    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
                      Oh so sad. He will be missed.

Obie - you cracked me up. I never would have guessed that about you.
                      Really? Obie (and I!) quite enjoyed the 70's. Our mothers...not so much.

I'll miss the Dennis of his youth. Sadly he had long since passed, leaving a bitter greedy husk, by recent accounts. Apparently he was trying to disinherit his wife for fear she'd donate money to the liberals. LOL, age changes ppl, he became what he eared in his wild and crazy days. I hope he's up there in the fringed jacket, enjoying all that hair!
                      Blog:
                      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

A fighter right to the end. His influence on my generation was prominent no matter your political views. Just a peek at the baby boomers thought process and our mark on the United States way of life. You will be missed but not forgotten.

T6 complete

Comment

That was one freaked out movie. Nobody really seemed to care about the dead girl, which seemed disturbing to me, but the movie was funny, too. A reflection on the times I suppose.

One of Hopper's better roles imo.
                          Originally posted by wtf View Post
                          I loved him in the movie "the rivers edge" as the amputee vet who has a blow-up doll I forgot the doll's name but its a funny movie. Its a bummer he's gone because he wasn't that old.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                            That was one freaked out movie. Nobody really seemed to care about the dead girl, which seemed disturbing to me, but the movie was funny, too. A reflection on the times I suppose.

One of Hopper's better roles imo.
                            That movie was based on a true story, I remember reading it in Rolling Stone.
                            A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

such interesting timing to me, 2 months after the death of my cousin who Hopper modeled for his character of the crazy photo journalist in Apocalypse Now. Also, they both converted to Republicansim in their later years and were lucky to die at 74 given their drug fueled eary years.
                              Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Working...
                              X