Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlh View Post
    These are great!

My Dad is a 72 year old incomplete para. He was hit by a taxi 8 years ago. He still crutch walks outside the house, and uses his wheelchair in his house....
    71 here. Your dad is lucky to be able to stand. I'm sorry but I think he has his priorities backwards. If he uses the chair inside, he probably needs it more outside the house. I wish I'd caved into using one long before it became an absolute necessity. I'd be better off now.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Comment

I'm 77 and got hurt by "getting" the bends I was a commercial diver, underwater mechanic, in 1973. This condition caused Partial Paralysis then and has deteriorated with age from my current understanding of this malady was I "insulted my brain" and by struggling to make myself as normal as possible I have caused immeasurable after damage to my spine. Looking back, it has been an interesting trip. But one I would wish on no one.

I have been in a chair for just about 7 years now, probably should have been sooner. The ongoing repair work to my spine probably could not have been successfully done when they occurred. But I am thankful for such advances even now. They have allowed me to get off the pain meds. (to be continued?)

Comment

I hear you, nonoise.

He would likely be able to do and enjoy more things in the world, with fewer falls, if he used his chair more outside the house. But he's stubborn as heck. And honestly, the walking he does get outside the house helps his pain. And it has gotten him this far.

Everything in life is a trade-off.

Comment

Working...
        X